Are you religious or are you spiritual? Wake up to what?

by Deltawave 113 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Viviane
    Viviane
    I do however feel there is some validity in what teachers such as Jesus, Bhudda and Muhammad said in terms of living a life that isn't based solely around superficial things such as money, holidays and fashion!

It's amazing that, with zero exposure to the BK teachings, managed to pick a user name very specific to their teachings and then promote their very specific teachings in your postings, even promoting them as you attempt to deny them.

• Viviane
    Viviane
    I have a problem with the reality that you're an abuser.

You should have a problem with keeping track of all the things you make up. You should look into a spreadsheet to keep track of it all.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Delta wave, I also practice meditation and it has nothing to do with BK or any religion. I always recommend it to ex Jehovah's Witnesses as many of them are dealing with the stress of shunning and the effects of being in a high control religion and meditation is good for dealing with stress and negative emotions.

Unfortunately, manyJWs are afraid to meditate as the Watchtower has emphasized it's use in religious practice. I don't know what they teach currently, but they even used to teach that it could lead to demonic attack, which is ludicrous. I am glad you aren't buying into that and I welcome you to the forum.

• DJS
    DJS

Viviane,

It's amazing that, with zero exposure to the BK teachings, managed to pick a user name very specific to their teachings and then promote their very specific teachings in your postings, even promoting them as you attempt to deny them.

And all of this on their very first day with their very first OP. Yeah, sure. I'm not buying it. Not for a second. The scenario DW presented about sitting through a boring WT yesterday morning could have been crafted within a few minutes simply by reading a few posts.

But I'm with LisaRose, welcome to the forum BK-DW. I suggest that you cinch it up and prepare for Viv and Cofty. Good luck. You will need it.

• Deltawave
    Deltawave

Thanks Lisa rose. No I practice it in secret as my wife is 100% against it and thinks it allows demons into your head. Quite the opposite.

I've researched it on the WT library and it doesn't support it at all. I find it gives me focus, helps me deal with the stress of life and promotes well been. I've had my doubts about the Watchtower for years now.... I definitely won't be joining any other cult anytime soon BK or whatever it is they're on about lol

My username is is based on my fondness for mindfulness and meditation. However the delta wave is the brain wave of someone asleep. So if I as trying to promote another cult or sect I would have chosen alpha wave which is to be awake Haha

• Terry
    Terry

I'm not in the "belief" business any longer. Been there / done that.

Hope is okay, but belief takes a holiday from reality. Hope says, "I'm optimistic, but I know things can go wrong."

Belief says, "This is how it's going to be and nothing will convince me otherwise."

The world has way too many stiff-neck, hard heads--I don't need to add myself as one more.

• cofty
    cofty
    I suggest that you cinch it up and prepare for Viv and Cofty. Good luck. You will need it. - DJS

Hey!

I'm Mr Congeniality.

• DJS
    DJS

Cofty and Viviane:

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

...belief takes a holiday from reality

Well said.

The question remains: what beliefs, religious or otherwise, presently blinds us to what is genuine?

Radically and thoroughly subtract all beliefs and abstract mental concepts and stories about self and other -- and what remains? What is real?

• Daniel1555
    Daniel1555

Deltawave:

I agree fully with you that there is a great difference between being religious and being spiritual.

I lost my belief in organized religion, but didn't loose spirituality.

I wish you all the best in your personal quest for spirituality.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit