How many have read 'Crisis of Conscience'?

by tornapart 41 Replies latest jw friends

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

SFPW

I think Kia makes a good car, check out their website.

• bildad
    bildad

SFPW

The book Faith on the March was endorsed as a true history. The Forward written by N H Knorr. Here is what he had to say:

"WHY MY FAITH ABIDES

When I first began to look for these answers they were not nearly so apparent as they now are. In fact, the evidences we now accept as everyday occurrences did not even exist. They were at that time only prophecies of the Bible that were being interpreted in many different ways by different groups. But one group of earnest Bible students presented matters in a way that made sense to me. Now I see my confidence was well grounded.

You ask me why I am still an active part of that movement, why my zeal is keener and my conviction stronger than ever? I'll tell you. It's because I've lived to realize already much of the hope that so filled my young life. It's because I've lived to see prophecies of the Bible which we held dear and sacred— yet which were mocked and scorned by unbelievers—already come true. It's because I've lived to see this same movement hunted and persecuted by those who claimed to serve God until it lay beaten in death—only to survive and come to rebirth in a new way of life, reorganized for an even more powerful work, yet dedicated to the same standards of righteousness which have characterized its operation from the beginning. I have seen this movement hold fast to those standards, refusing to compromise them for the sake of expediency. I have seen ambitious men rise up within the organization and seek to pervert it, only to meet with complete defeat because the majority of those associated with this movement are unalterably dedicated to serve Cod, not man. I have found companionship, yes, real brotherhood, with people of all races and nations. These are the things I have desired from my youth.

Can you tell me why a man who—not once, but many times—has seen things come into existence that he was told he would see; why a man who has watched the outworking of God's foretold purpose and the fulfillment of prophecies;— can you, I ask, tell me why such a man should not have faith? My faith is stronger each day. And having seen so much come true already I am more and more confident that those things for which I still hope will some day be realized as well."

Excerpt From: Macmillan, A.H. “Faith On The March By A H Macmillan.” iBooks.
    This material may be protected by copyright.

I was baptized in late 60's. I have NOT "seen things come into existence" things I was told I WOULD see come true. Things I told people the yrs we spent as Reg Pioneers, things I said in TV interviews where I represented the Org have all changed and are no longer believed as "Truth". One thing I was told DID come true. I never had a successful career in this system! Of course, not because I couldn't have but because I was convinced that it was fruitless with so little time remaining.

I used to use Macmillan's quote above in Public Talks. Now Insee how different my experience was from his. Just hope Jehovah doesnt judge me to harshly for all the falsehood...according to present "Truth" ....I taught in my ministry and talks!

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

I read it and I really believe the stuff Ray said. He stood up to those jerks.

• whathappened
    whathappened

I did read it but you don't even need to read the whole thing to be convinced that the Watchtower Society is not Gods visible earthly organisation. If you have doubts about leaving before reading it, you won't afterward.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Thanks KREJAMES! I'm loving it!

• mouthy
    mouthy

Yes I have read it & given out many copies. Ray was a wonderful honest man
    Cynthia ( Rays wife) is doing not to badly,I spoke to her a couple of months back.

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

@Mouthy - thank you for the good note about Mrs. Franz. I have read CoC and just received ISOCF a few days ago. The documented and annotated points are historical facts. The big WT has done many things which they condemn others for doing. The whole operation is just one big toxic boil.

Life is wonderful once we detangled from the mind control and took back ownership of our lives. The local JW yokels have no authority over my time or choices. They still show up here at my door every few months, dressed in their elder costumes pretending to be my friend. Same old thing every time: "We're thinking of you, we just wanted you to know!" "Okay, thanks."

Last time I had a dialogue with them, they asked why I quit the meetings. Then I began to tell them what happened. "OH, I wasn't aware of any of that, OH well, that's not why we're here to see you..." They can't do anything about it, they don't want to know anything about it, so why do they keep showing up?

Next time they come they will see the neat little announcement I'm preparing to tape on the stairs: NO JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES PERMITTED. GET OUT.

• bildad
    bildad

Guess I went off track earlier! CofC is a VERY balanced and fair book. It is absolutely nothing like we were led to believe it was by the Org. I believe what Ray wrote that any of those members of the GB that he served with would have been welcome in his home.

Had he been full of bitterness, the book would have been far less effective. The ring of truth of the book had a huge effect on opening my eyes. Thanks Ray.

• blondie
    blondie

It opened my eyes, confirmed to me that the problems in the WTS were not just local and not just me.

I have shared my copies with a few inactive jws that could never make the final step...it cut that last tie holding them back.

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

It took several months to find a copy. I was already awakened by the time I finally was able to purchase a used 3rd edition from Amazon.

Ray Franz shone a light on the attitude, behaviors and hypocrisy of the WTS , without using a single disparaging word.

I liked Ray Franz' tone. He never seemed angry or bitter. (And who could blame him if he had been.) He didn't make assertions; he told his story, he provided documentation. And I think he was honest about how and why he agreed to matters he didn't personally agree with.

Anyway, it was and is a very important, eye- opening insider's perspective from a JW who had been a member of the GB.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit