How many have read 'Crisis of Conscience'?

by tornapart 41 Replies latest jw friends

• tornapart
    tornapart

For me it was THE BOOK! It opened my eyes. I started it thinking it would just enlighten me about how the organisation works. I'd never heard of it before until I saw it on Wikipedia under an article about the GB. I'd gone there to find out more about them. I wanted to read this book! I couldn't have it in the house, so I searched the web until I found a pdf. I downloaded it and then read it. I was certain it wouldn't shake my faith. Boy! Was I wrong!!!

It turned my whole life upside down. I'm not sorry. It was 2 years ago this month. I went on to read his second book 'In Serach of Christain Freedom'.

I can never ever go back. For me my eyes were fully opened and I knew I had learned 'TTATT'... (The Truth about the Truth).

I'm glad. Thankyou Ray!!!

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Yes. Very important book - must read for everyone looking for TTATT

• carla
    carla

Good book for non jw's as well. Helped family members understand how & why jw's are a cult.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Hello Torn. Yes, changed my life too. Wrote to Ray about the effect it had on me and he replied just before his death. Wonderful humble man.

Loz x

• minimus
    minimus

lovef the tone of that book

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Yes, LittleToe send a copy to me in the post. I was terrified in case someone saw me with it.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

me too read and woke up. I was depressed when he died

• SAHS
    SAHS

Hi “tornapart.” I read both Crisis of Conscience and In Search of Christian Freedom, and I can certainly relate to where you said, “I was certain it wouldn't shake my faith. Boy! Was I wrong!!!” Although, in my case, I was certain that it would only confirm the fact that the Watchtower is not God’s organization – and indeed it did.

The first Watchtower exposé book I read was 30 Years a Watchtower Slave, by William J. Schnell. The latest of such books I read was Apocalypse Delayed, by M. James Penton (second edition).

The absolute best authority on the matter, of course, is our dear Raymond Franz. His above classic two books are very insightful and eye-opening, to say the least.

• erbie
    erbie

Yes, a mile stone for me too

• happy@last
    happy@last

I read it also.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit