How many have read 'Crisis of Conscience'?

by tornapart 41 Replies latest jw friends

• westiebilly11
    westiebilly11

oh yes...most certainly....a brilliantly written and accurately constructed book....a real eye opener....I was shocked at so many things within it..but in particular the Malawi v Mexico debacle.....and the chapters on prophecy and 1914......just wish others within and outside the org would dare to read it.....Raymond Franz was an honourable man who was treated shamefully by his peers.......peers who have the gall to presume they speak for god....

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I read it around the time I attended my last Meeting, I cannot remember if it was before or after I stopped attending.

What struck me was that, when I was reading it, it was 20 or so years since its first publication. In all that time, not a beep from the WT, and yet, had there been one falsehood, or even inaccuracy in there, they would have been all over it like a rash.

That assured me it was all true, along with Ray's candid, honest and yet kindly way of writing.

Once read, there is no going back, you realise that Almighty God would have nothing to do with such an organization as the WT/JW's.

• James Brown
    James Brown

I read Crisis of concience and Christian freedom when they first came out.

I had already escaped by then.

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

Threads like these will always come up from time to time since Ray's books are timeless for anyone escaping a cult, especially the Cult of WT.

Thanks TornApart for the OP.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

I read it, I was inactive though , but my mind was complelty made up by their lies , arragance and dishonesty the Malawi/Mexico scandal was particularly shocking, a must read.

• Adiva
    Adiva

I already knew I wasn't going back but, reading the book cememted my decision. Gods organization my ass.

Adiva

• Londo111
    Londo111

Both Crisis of Conscienceand In Search of Christian Freedom changed my life for the better. Everything made sense for the first time.

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Great book that gives a glimpse of what happens behind the scenes at Bethel.

Bangalore

• nikiparker
    nikiparker

is a audio book of it avalible as my reading not good

• diana netherton
    diana netherton

Displayed prominently on my bookcase. Brilliant book. And so graciously written.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit