Stand For Pure Worship, what convinces you that the governing body is being used by Jehovah? Thanks.

by The Quiet One 110 Replies latest watchtower bible

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

SFPW - What are you still doing around here? Aren't you supposed to be scheduling a judicial committee for your unrepentant use of the word, "fortunately"?

• Theredeemer
    Theredeemer

Quick observation on Genesis, Jesus and original sin. If you read the ACTUAL account instead of the WT paraphrasing you notice that living forever is not contigent on obedience. In fact, the only thing keeping Adam and Eve alive was not God but the Tree of Life. In order for them to continue living they had to eat from it. In was not in God control that Adam and Eve live for ever, in fact, he had to banish them and then put a freacking angel with a rotating sword to block them from going in and munching on some magical fruit. Otherwise, they could have sneaked back in and lived for ever. God in this story says "look they have become like us, knowing good and bad". Almighty JEHOVAH GOD compares himself with the other celestial biengs. The whole ransom sacrifice is totally unneeded. Human were created to die. Living forever depended solely on eating magic fruit. Take away fruit=death.

Before Adam and Eve ate from the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil, they didn’t know good and evil. Why blame them for doing something wrong when they couldn’t know it was wrong? It’s like punishing a two-year old for a moral infraction. In fact, Adam and Eve might not even have been two years old themselves.Could an omniscient God have been surprised at the result of the Garden of Eden experiment? And if he knew the outcome, why go through the charade? (Or might this all just be mythology … ?)

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Stand For Pure Worship said ...

I know this gives ammunition to the self-victims of 1975, but really the only thing the WT has been guilty of was following Jesus words at Matt 24:42. You can't fault them for that.

What he didn't say truthfully and honestly is that the dates calculated by the WTS. ( 1874, 1914, 1925 , 1935, 1975 ) were adulterated

commercialized doctrines created intensionally to attract attention to the organization's published goods.

Or that some JWS did commit suicide because of the pretentious built up surrounding 1975, which in reality was a deliberate marketing scheme

orchestrated by the WTS heads. I was there and witnessed what was going on to verify the anxiety and stress the WTS. caused from

this one indulgently corrupt commercial endeavor.

• Theredeemer
    Theredeemer

I picture SFPW quickly searching through the WT library looking for quick comebacks and answers.

• QC
    QC
  • Emery
    Emery

The Watchtower are nothing but false prophets. They were the most guilty of that sin during their 1918-1919 inspection. There's no way in HELL, they were appointed by Jehovah. Everything from that time period is riddled in false predictions, pyrmidology, and Jesus' presence occuring in 1874 (until 1943 this was taught).

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

Jehovah has always used some form of organization and mediatorship to fulfill His purposes upon the Earth as it relates to spiritual direction

130 years of organization out of 2000 years of christianity is hardly "always". f

• jgnat
    jgnat

Independent as in, you know, studying on your own.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Stand for Pure Worship thinks he's in pure worship with a bunch of dubiously corrupt religious Charlatans known as the Watchtower Corporation.

Thats ironically funny in itself.

Oh well perhaps one day he'll wake up from his delusions and realize he was worshiping plain ordinary men running a publishing house .

• Stand for Pure Worship
    Stand for Pure Worship

Responses to questions from pages 3.

Jgnat- Independent as in, you know, studying on your own.

Well, I usually do study on my own. Occassionally we might invite someone over for Family Worship Night, but for the most part I study privately. Whether that be with the Insight Books, or using the CD Rom, See the Great Land, etc., you get it. I'm really looking forward to utilizing the JW Library app as the brothers add new editions to it.

Donny- JW's are basically just like Catholics except their College of Cardinals (Governing Body) claims that their teachings are solely based on the Bible. JW's don't really follow the Bible. They follow what the GB says the Bible says which, strangely, many Witnesses refuse to admit.

That's ridiculous, and you know it. Don't be a dope. There's a reason why we continue to refer to ourselves as Bible students although the original use of that phrase as a title has been discarded. There is no other collective organization of people who's lives and beliefs are as centered upon the Bible's teachings as Jehovah's Witnesses. Others may claim to follow the Bible's instructions, but their false teachings(trinity, hellfire, etc.) and their lifestyles prove contrary to that claim. I want to refer you to some excerpts found within the second page of each public edition of the Watchtower. "This magazine has been published continuously since 1879 and is nonpolitical. It adheres to the Bible as it's authority." "Would you welcome more information or a free home Bible study?" "This publication is not for sale. It is provided as part of a worldwide Bible educational work supported by volutary donations." Again, Jehovah's Witnesses adhere to what's found in the Bible. When we speak to the public at large, we make sure to let them see that our message comes not from our own tongues, but from the Bible.

Responses to page 1 of this thread

Poindexter Lionel- Are you counting your time while preaching to us on this website?

No I am not. Until the Branch comes out and states that it's acceptable to count time via online message boards, I will continue to omit the time spent here on my time sheet.

Wizzstick- But does god always have an organisation to use? In, for example, the 14th Century, what was God's organisation on earth?

Why do Jehovah's Witnesses believe that Jesus started reigning as King in 1914? They beleive that 1914 marked the end of the Gentile Times that ran for 2,520 years from 537BCE to 1914CE. And that 537BCE comes from a 70 year period from 607BCE to 537BCE.

While it's true that we don't know who Jehovah was using during the 14th century, it's also true that we don't know whether Job the greatest of the Orientals of his time had any contemporaries. So who and where was God's Organization during certain periods of time is really not an important question. What is important is recognizing who His visible organization is now. As far as those with discernment can tell, it's Jehovah's Witnesses.-John 13:35, John 4:24

I'll save the date of Jerusalem's destruction being 607(fact) vs. 587(pseudo self serving history) for another thread. I thought Rulf Furuli research debunked Carl Jonnson's theories completely, but some have a hard time accepting that for some reason. Another day I'll touch on that.

Fernando- SFPW how do you see the GB as faithful when they instruct elders to disfellowship any "publisher of the Good News" that dares to declare the "Good News" according to Paul?

Is it true that more than half the NWT's references to "Good News" are by Paul?

Why is the "Good News" according to Paul not in your heart and not on your lips?

Under these circumstances how can you claim to "Stand for Pure Worship"?

Your first question makes no sense, as we do preach the good news as Paul declared and that which he declared was in harmony with what the Christ had taught. As to your second question, can you prove that to be the case? If so, I'm not sure it would even matter as we believe the whole Bible contains God's instruction whether it be letters from Paul, or Peter, or the Gospels. Your last question, how can I claim stand for pure worship, I do so by refuting the false teachings prevelant here on JWN.-Titus 1:10-16

If I missed anyone, I apologize.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit