Stand For Pure Worship, what convinces you that the governing body is being used by Jehovah? Thanks.

by The Quiet One 110 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

The Watchtower of May 1881 according to the book Jehovah's Witnesses in the Divine Purpose (page37)shows that Russell believing that Christ became invisibly present in 1874 three and a half years later 'felt at liberty to call God's children out of the nominal churches to a position of freedom' goes on to quote Revelation 18:2-4.

This makes me think of Matthew 24:24-26.

• tornapart
    tornapart

@Splash...

Sloppy Joe said : " Please explain the process of the GB communicating to us from Jehovah that the end will come before the generation that saw 1914 passes away, and that not end up being true. Please explain why Jehovah communicated that to them? Did he lie? "

SFPW said: "SloppyJoe, nobody ever said the organization was infallible."

So God communicates things to them that aren't true. Or they heard him wrong. Then they told us that we have to believe every word they say. Hmmm.

This guy's irony is too good for an apologist JW. He's another Aunt Connie IMO.

• jgnat
    jgnat

So, Stand for Pure Worship, have you ever done an independent bible study on the meaning of worship?

Repetition for emphasis.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Well, I usually do study on my own. Occassionally we might invite someone over for Family Worship Night, but for the most part I study privately. Whether that be with the Insight Books, or using the CD Rom, See the Great Land, etc., you get it.

Wow, talk about obtuse.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

While it's true that we don't know who Jehovah was using during the 14th century, it's also true that we don't know whether Job the greatest of the Orientals of his time had any contemporaries. So who and where was God's Organization during certain periods of time is really not an important question.

Priceless. Must be the good ol' Watchtower logic. Basically what he is saying is this:

We know that the Watchtower organization is God's organization because God has always used an organization. Now, we have no idea who the organization was, prior to ours, and that is not important at all. What's important is to know that the Watchtower society is the true organization because evidence shows that God always used an organization.

Circular reasoning never sounded so good folks!

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

Bummer...I was hoping SFPW would respond.

• jhine
    jhine

bumped , agreeing with tenyearsafter .

• Fernando
    Fernando

SFPW, if you've had time to contemplate my questions on page 1, I'd love to know where you are at on your journey...

• Stand for Pure Worship
    Stand for Pure Worship

TenYears, I apologize as I missed your response. I'll adress it later.

Fernando, I replied to you on page 4, last highlighted response of multiple responses.

Jgnat, I have to admit, no I never have. A great suggestion, thank you.

• Fernando
    Fernando

Thanks, yes I missed it, SFPW.

However only three of the four questions were answered.

Would you have a go at question number 3 too, and possibly also offer proof?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit