Stand For Pure Worship, what convinces you that the governing body is being used by Jehovah? Thanks.

by The Quiet One 110 Replies latest watchtower bible

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

I struggled with this question before I got baptised. What helped you to overcome any doubts?

• Stand for Pure Worship
    Stand for Pure Worship

I had my doubts and concerns at one point, well to be honest a few different points but those were during my teenage years which was the hormonal fire of my youth. That said, some of my transgressions of unbelief were understandable. Fortunate enough for me, I was born into the True Religion. Being raised by a father who was an elder from when the Congregation Servant arrangement was done away with, and by a mother and devoted wife who was a Regular Pioneer, 2nd generation I might add, I was free of and not exposed to the misleading and toxic beliefs that so many children of non-believers are subjected to. I reflect warmly upon my upbringing which was similar to Timothy in that I was taught from infancy the Truth found within the Scriptures-2 Tim 3:15. No confusion, or contradicting messages was I exposed to, and it's helped me to worship Jehovah by supporting and following the direction of His Organization. That same organization that provided my parents with the Truth that was passed on down to me.

One of the reasons I'm able to continue supporting the belief that was passed onto me without unnecessary questions(Titus 3:9), is by reflecting upon how God has dealt with His people throughout the Scriptures. Jehovah has always used some form of organization and mediatorship to fulfill His purposes upon the Earth as it relates to spiritual direction. Examples that you probably think of immediately are Moses, Joshua, David, and Samuel, amongst other faithful servants found within the Hebrew Scriptures. In later times he used a governing body of faithful and experienced Christians to resolve disputes and provide spiritual direction.- Acts 15:22-31

That said, why wouldn't Jehovah do the same today? In fact, He's provided something superlative in the arrangement of guiding His people. Jesus' ransom was for the benefit of all mankind. However, much like the Israelites who needed to take action in order to bless themselves (Isa 48:18), in order for people to benefit from Jesus' sacrifice, they need to recognize who he's entrusted with the care of his sheep(Matt 24:45-47). To not do so would be an exercise in futility. (Matt 25:31-46) In order to determine who that Slave is, one would have to look at their record, and what a record it is! There is no organization other than Jehovah's Witnesses under the direction of it's Governing Body, that is, spreading the good news of the Kingdom (Matt 24:14), and providing instruction to others on how remain in harmony with God's will in a world of spiritual darkness.-Matt 5:16

All the other religions of the world are doing things contrary to God's will. They're involved with politics, rife with sexual immorality, supporting homosexuality, hiding pedophilia, and fleecing their flocks for every penny they can get out of them. Jesus warned us about such individuals and groups. (Matt 7:22) Jehovah's Witnesses can proudly say that the organization they belong to is unscathed by such abhorrant behavior because they follow the direction of the Governing Body who's sole interest is in the spiritual welfare of True Christians.

Think about what the Governing Body has provided Jehovah's Witnesses with. We have a Congregation Book Study where we learn about faithful individuals such as Jeremiah, the apostle Paul, and how we can imitate their examples. We have the Theocratic Ministry School which provides Bible instruction to make us more afluent with the Scriptures. We have the Service Meeting which which provides instruction on how to assist the spiritually despondent that we meet in our ministry. Our Sunday meetings provide us with a timely discourse to encourage and upbuild us spiritually so that we may persevere within this system of things.(2 Tim 3) Our WT Study provides all in attendance an oppurtunity to provide expressions of faith as directed by the material within the article so that we can provide an interchange of encouragement.-Rom 1:11, 12.

Quiet One, no other organization is as blessed as we are as Jehovah's Witnesses. The reason why boils down to us recognizing who Jehovah through Jesus is using. That being the Faithful and Discreet Slave when they act in unison as the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses. I strongly encourage you read 1 Tim 4:6, as we're the only organization directed by a faithful Slave living up to the words found within that passage.

• Sammy Jenkis
    Sammy Jenkis

Being a child- I was one of those super young kids that wanted to take the splash so I really didn't consider those things until I was older. As a teen I definitely convinced myself just by comparing other religions with the dubs.

If there was ever something wrong I always found a way to blame that on human imperfection. I saw the "love" and "blessings" in the congregation as a sign that we were really being led my the GB and Jehovah.

I was wrong.

• Comatose
    Comatose

I strongly encourage YOU to go yourself.

• Poindexter Lionel Humperdique
    Poindexter Lionel Humperdique

SFPW,

Are you counting your time while you are "preaching" to us on this website?

• Pterist
    Pterist

TheQuiteone ***I struggled with this question before I got baptised. What helped you to overcome any doubts?*****

I was a RC did not know any better, I was never convinced the org. was God's ONLY organisation just more Biblically correct, however, I was convinced that God would not give me a snake when I asked for a fish Luke 11::11.

So I have no regrets, I learned to love and respect God's word and after I left the org. and went crazy for a (good) few years, I returned To God's word ( NOT the ORG :) ) in a new way, knowing I was a sinner and did not deserve anything but was blessed in a spiritual awakening rather than head knowledge.

Shalom :)

• Bella15
    Bella15

The person has failed to recognize Who Jesus is ..The Messiah ... and HE REIGNS ... we don't need more mediators ... He has bought into the Organization hype. if you would get to know how McDonalds, FedEx, ConocoPhillips, and all the world wide organizations work, you would worship them! They all operate under the same business model of the Watchtower Corporation because they are all Organizations!

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

The god of the universe sent anthony morris the third........ Bahahaha hah ah ah aha .....

• wizzstick
    wizzstick

There are couple of problems with your reasoning as far as I can see:

Jehovah has always used some form of organization and mediatorship to fulfill His purposes upon the Earth as it relates to spiritual direction. Examples that you probably think of immediately are Moses, Joshua, David, and Samuel, amongst other faithful servants found within the Hebrew Scriptures. In later times he used a governing body of faithful and experienced Christians to resolve disputes and provide spiritual direction.- Acts 15:22-31. That said,why wouldn't Jehovah do the same today?

But does god always have an organisation to use? In, for example, the 14th Century, what was God's organisation on earth?

There is no organization other than Jehovah's Witnesses under the direction of it's Governing Body, that is, spreading the good news of the Kingdom (Matt 24:14)

For Jehovah's Witnesses, the good news of the kingdom means preaching that Jesus Christ began ruling as King in 1914, and that we are now living in the Last Days. Then after Armegeddon, there will be a Great Crowd of survivors here on earth.

Why do Jehovah's Witnesses believe that Jesus started reigning as King in 1914? They beleive that 1914 marked the end of the Gentile Times that ran for 2,520 years from 537BCE to 1914CE. And that 537BCE comes from a 70 year period from 607BCE to 537BCE.

But 607BCE, when Witnesses believe that Jerusalem fell is wrong. Totally. The evidence is overwhelming. It is wrong.

With regards the Great Crowd they go to heaven. There are before (enopion - in sight of) God's throne, in Naos, the divine habitatiion (heaven).

So you see, the Witnesses message of the good news of te kingdom is utterly flawed. So you have to ask youself whhen has God ever sent his people out to preach falsehoods in his name?

• Fernando
    Fernando

SFPW how do you see the GB as faithful when they instruct elders to disfellowship any "publisher of the Good News" that dares to declare the "Good News" according to Paul?

Is it true that more than half the NWT's references to "Good News" are by Paul?

Why is the "Good News" according to Paul not in your heart and not on your lips?

Under these circumstances how can you claim to "Stand for Pure Worship"?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit