Stand For Pure Worship, what convinces you that the governing body is being used by Jehovah? Thanks.

by The Quiet One 110 Replies latest watchtower bible

• jgnat
    jgnat

I gently suggest, SFPW, that if you are going to stand for something (worship) you should know what it is. Hint: one or two key texts won't do it. Your new bible app should allow you to do a word study. What is the shape, sound, texture, energy, and nature of worship?

• SloppyJoe
    SloppyJoe

And I repeat for Stand for Pure Worship. Please explain the process of the GB communicating to us from Jehovah that the end will come before the generation that saw 1914 passes away, and that not end up being true. Please explain why Jehovah communicated that to them? Did he lie?

• Splash
    Splash

Hi SloppyJoe,

Yes, that whole "Millions Now Living Will Never Die" campaign was pretty much the sole focus for seven intense years.

In the years to come, will JW's look back on the current day campaigns and laugh at how hard they all worked at teaching something that was later completely dropped?

Splash

• SloppyJoe
    SloppyJoe

Splash no they won't even think about it. The GB has done a good job of convincing JWs that changes in doctrine are a good thing. When something changes the light gets brighter is repeated endlessly. No one gives any consideration to the question I raised to stand for pure worship. As you can see stand for pure worship is not attempting to explain it and if he does it will only open up more problems that need answers.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

And I repeat for Stand for Pure Worship. Please explain the process of the GB communicating to us from Jehovah that the end will come before the generation that saw 1914 passes away, and that not end up being true. Please explain why Jehovah communicated that to them? Did he lie?

I believe at this very moment, God is taking a college class on how to relay simple and straighfoward information to a group of men. It seems the best he has been able to do is to provide erroneous and misleading information continuously, using the excuse that it takes years to finally clears things up.

You can't make this stuff up!!

I mean, any other leader - even human- who could not figure out a system to cascade information down an organization in an expedited manner would be summarily dismissed. Still, JWs continue to believe that the creator of the entire universe is not able to send messages to a group of men in a fast and clear manner.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Redv,

I mean, any other leader - even human- who could not figure out a system to cascade information down an organization in an expedited manner would be summarily dismissed. Still, JWs continue to believe that the creator of the entire universe is not able to send messages to a group of men in a fast and clear manner.

Jehovah's manner of communication to his "earthly Organization" needs a lot of work according to the Governing Body excuses for constant new light. Seems almost blasphemous to propose that the idea that God is only communicating today through some old ancient book exclusively and exclusively to them through their fantasy filled bible predictions of a parable that they dreamed up.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

SFPW,

Now as far as faulty predictions, it's true that the WT has been a bit overzealous in their verbiage related to anticipation of the end times. For the record, they've never made any actual and by actual I mean specific predictions about when the end would come. No, but they have emphasized possibilities of when it might come, and I admit were at times a bit heavy on their emphasis. I know this gives ammunition to the self-victims of 1975, but really the only thing the WT has been guilty of was following JEsus words at Matt 24:42. You can't fault them for that.

Well for the record and easy access on the internet quotes from their own litterature shows clearly they have printed many dates for the end to come on or before, that have come and gone. Thanks for admitting they at time have put a lot of emphasis on speculative dateing promulgated by the WT printing Corporation, but being on the watch has far less to do with date speculations and more to do with following what Jesus taught and he taught nothing about being subserviant to a Religeous Printing Corporation delusionally calling itself "God Earthly Organization".

• jhine
    jhine

SFPW you call people self victims of 1975 , if the Watchtower never intended their "suggestions " to be taken so seriously why did they encourage people to sell homes and cars , cash in insurance policies etc because after 1975 they would not be needed ? Much has been said on this forum about this subject and I asked the question "after 1975 were people compensated for the huge financial losses that they had ? " the answer was no. People were told by word of mouth and in print that this" would be a fine thing to do "

Regarding 1914 this is a direct quote from The Great Pyramid "written by CT Russell .

" Call to mind that the scriptures SHOWED us that the full end of Gentile power in the world , and of the time of trouble which brings it's overthrow, WILL follow the end of A. D. 1914 and that some time before that date the last members of the Church of Christ WILL have been" changed " , glorified . "

Capitals mine for emphasis .

Does not seem a fairly confident prediction?

The trouble is . of course, that if you are as you have said a born in , then 1975 particularly gives you a problem if your parents were alive then as even young adults . Are they in denial ,as many are ,about the events leading up to 1975 ? So many JWs coped with their disappointment by just starting to repeat to others the party line of self victimisation , over zealousness in interpretation of what was said etc and then began to believe it themselves because that was easier than facing the truth .

Reading these posts must be difficult for you if you are genuine in what you are saying , but if truth is important to you then learn all you can from this forum . If you just want ot promote the Watchtower then you will ot have much success here , people on this most people on this forum have gone through the very painful process of waking up the the facts about the WAtchtower .

Jan

• westiebilly11
    westiebilly11

do your research sfpw....you will see that the gb did tell their followers that the end was imminent....1975 was a classic case.....and before that they even built a large house to welcome the prophets back in the early 20th century!!!!... other highlighted dates include 1986...peace and security....but there are others as pointed out on this thread....go see for yourself!

• jhine
    jhine

bumped for the benefit of SFPW in light of another thread that I have just posted on .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit