Which country is better to migrate Canada or Australia?

by His Excellency 82 Replies latest jw experiences

• His Excellency
    His Excellency

I am sure nowhere is perfect but if we want to compare these two countries from different prospectives like Racism, Job, Income/Spending, quality of life, standard of living etc. Can you please give me a rough idea by sharing your experiences.

By the way, I am considering applying for a Masters progrmme in any of the two countries.

Note: I am black.

• Londo111
    Londo111

Ask a swallow. Or a coconut.

Warning: Monty Python references.

Note: I am a nerd.

• prologos
    prologos

If you like surfing, head south.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

If you like hockey, head North.

Seriously, which country has the better beer? That's how to decide this question!

• His Excellency
    His Excellency

Still looking forward to sensible comments.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

There is no such thing as which country is “better” or “worse”, as it all depends on your individual circumstances.

The 2 countries have almost complete opposite weathers. Canada is pretty tough during winter due to prolonged winter and this is quite tough for many newcomers. Australia has very tough summers.

Both have pretty similar economies, Canada might be a bit more dependent on the USA on that.

Both are diverse in their racial makeup and attitude toward the races. I would say that there is a rise in the feeling that Australia is kind of down on Asians right now, like they have had enough of them.

Both are short on healthcare professionals.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Neither, New Zealand. I've always wanted to go to New Zealand. Either that or Norway.

• prologos
    prologos

but if you are a resident, you will not go bankrupt getting sick like you could in the US. even with the "Affordable Care act" in action.

academically I picked would pick Canda, it is a short drive to MIT, HARVARD, Princeton, UC Berkley.

talk to an expert on The Academia in both Countries to make that choice.

That choice may be made for you when you find out where you qualify, will be accepted.

• steve2
    steve2

Grisly bears can tear you from limb to limb and kangaroos can do awful damage to your vital organs when they unexpectedly land on you. I suggest migrating to neither country.

Instead, move to New Zealand. Our most dangerous animal is the kiwi which has a nasty habit of pooping on you when you pick it up and run with it but the solution is simple: Don't pick them up.

The choice is yours.

• besty
    besty

Are you the Last King Of Scotland?

In which case, I recommend Scotland.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit