Which country is better to migrate Canada or Australia?

by His Excellency 82 Replies latest jw experiences

• Dis-Member
    Dis-Member

Neither.. got to Finland instead. Far more beautiful then all of the above in so many ways.. (Norway is a good choice too but probably the most expensive place on earth to live)

• tec
    tec

I think they're pretty similar. I can't be sure though, not ever having gone to Australia; I'm Canadian. (I always thought that Australia was to New Zealand, as the States is to Canada... meaning New Zealand is OBVIOUSLY better;) )

But we do get immigrants from Australia coming into Canada. Perhaps for work related reasons. I guess it probably depends on what you are looking for in a country, and also where you are coming from.

Peace,

tammy

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

There may be a much easier way to solve your question since you mentioned that you wish to appy for a master's program. If your field is anything similar to law, which school you attend as a postgrad is far more important than where you received your undergraduate degree. It should be possible to research graduate programs. Choose the country which offers the best program for your circumstances. I know that here in the United States many students select their grad school based on their specific interests. Some faculty members shine better in one area than another. Also, Lord knows some teach better than other. Mentoring is an important aspect. Your undergrad profs should be able to discuss the situation with you.

Different people are drawn to diverse areas. My list of places to live would include New York, London, or Paris with some time in Florence. This would be another person's hell. I must admit that as I am aging, Florida and California improve in my sight. The cultural life of a city would be important to me as well as how easy it is to make friends. When I first arrived in NY, I was overwhelmed and lonely. With some time, I started to hear from others who found small groups for their interests, be it fine arts, rock, or whatever. Millions of people pass through NY each year so there are established programs to meet people and welcome newcomers.

I just returned after living in exile in a much more rural area. People were not friendlier. They had their cliques far more than those in large cities/

Another important factor to consider is that you will be an immigrant. It is important to know the laws and the culture that applies to immigration. From my perspective, there is now great hostility to immigration in most of the United States. We would like people with skills and a willingness to learn English. Beng black is another factor to research. There must be organizations promoting the interests of black folk in each country. Perhaps they can give you a clue as to how race matters. I expect it varies greatly from local area to local area.

Reading some national newspapers online might help. It would be good to be informed about the local politics.

It sounds like quite an adventure.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Londo: "Ask a swallow"

African or European?

• Dis-Member
    Dis-Member

You could be a long time asking swallows. And far more then just Africa or European. There are 75 different types of swallows worldwide. Only eight of the seventy-five species can be found in the United States and Canada, which live in the northern hemisphere and migrate south for the winter.

African River Martin

Andean Swallow

Angola Swallow

Asian House Martin

Bahama Swallow

Banded Martin

Bank Swallow

Barn Swallow

Black-and-rufous Swallow

Black-capped Swallow

Black-collared Swallow

Black Rough-winged Swallow (Black Saw-wing)

Blue-and-white Swallow

Blue Swallow

Brown-bellied Swallow

Brown-chested Martin

Brown-throated Sand Martin

Caribbean Martin

Cave Swallow

Chestnut-collared Swallow

Chilean Swallow

Cliff Swallow

Congo Sand Martin

Crag Martin

Dusky Crag Martin

Ethiopian Swallow

Fairy Martin

Fanti Rough-winged Swallow

Forest Swallow

Galapagos Martin

Golden Swallow

Gray-breasted Martin

Greater Striped Swallow

Grey-rumped Swallow

House Martin

Lesser Striped Swallow

Mangrove Swallow

Nepal House Martin

Mosque Swallow

Mountain Rough-winged Swallow

Northern Rough-winged Swallow

Pacific Swallow (Hill Swallow)

Pale-footed Swallow

Pearl-breasted Swallow

Peruvian Martin

Pied-winged Swallow

Preuss's Swallow

Purple Martin

Red-chested Swallow

Red-rumped Swallow

Red Sea Swallow

Red-throated Swallow

Rock Martin

Rufous-chested Swallow

Sand Martin

Sinaloa Martin

South African Swallow

Southern Martin

Southern Rough-winged Swallow

Square-tailed Sawwing

Streak-throated Swallow

Striated Swallow

Tawny-headed Swallow

Tree Swallow

Tree Martin

Tumbes Swallow

Violet-green Swallow

Welcome Swallow

White-backed Swallow

White-banded Swallow

White-eyed River Martin

White-headed Saw-wing

White-rumped Swallow

White-tailed Swallow

White-thighed Swallow

White-throated Blue Swallow

White-throated Swallow

White-winged Swallow

Wire-tailed Swallow

• Simon
    Simon

Canada is nice (speaking as an immigrant).

It's probably very different to Oz but I have no idea if it's better or worse because it is based so much on where you are and your own preferences.

• Captain Obvious
    Captain Obvious

People talk funny in Australia... Canada is best.

Besides, we have gorgeous scenery, it's safe and peaceful, and we have a solid economy. I wouldn't want to be anywhere else.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Wow, Dis-Member!

Do you have a similar list for coconutology?

(note: a 5 ounce bird cannot carry a one pound coconut. It's a simple question of weight ratios).

CO: "People talk funny in Australia... Canada is best"

Yeah, Eh.

• Dis-Member
    Dis-Member

lol, not quite ADCMS but I have always had a thing for birds..

• jgnat
    jgnat

I am not seeking a Master's degree but I do know how to do my own research. Australians hug their coast as the middle is barely habitable. Canadians hug the southern border for warmth.

Racism

Tolerance

Job, Income/Spending, quality of life, standard of living (I roll this all up in to the HDI)

Human Development Index

Dark blue is Very High. Western Europe, Canada, US, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, South Korea, and Argentina all have very high HDI.

http://www.ifitweremyhome.com/compare/CA/AU

Check out McGill University.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit