Does The Organization of Jehovah's Witnesses Do Any Charity Work?

by Bangalore 34 Replies latest watchtower bible

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

That's what happens when you start with a false premise and begin to build a defense. I have no real response...

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

"The W(atch) T(ower) S(ociety) uses 90%+ of all donations to disaster relief and printing Bibles and bible aids!!"

Amazingly, Watchtower's vast multi-billion dollar real estate empire, investment funds and other assets must be acquired with the other 10%.

As already pointed out, since WT has no financial transparency whatsover, any claims by anyone as to how it uses its money is pure fantasy,guesswork or lies.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

"You don't see any Jehovah's Witness "widows and orphans" homeless, begging on the street or lacking in any material needs."

Thats because the WBT$ sends them to the..

Salvation Army,food banks,soup kitchens,thrift shops and government welfare offices..

Good Work WBT$!!..

..................................... photo mutley-ani1.gif ...OUTLAW

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I remember as a kid people in the hall helping ones that needed food etc and more recently giving money to those in need. But in 40 years never have I seen the org give anyone a dime.

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

When my three children were very small and their mother was hospitalised for a three month period, I had to get assistance from a group run by the local churches. Initially, I tried to get help from our local congregation, only to be accused of trying to "use people."

I can tell you this, the irony was not lost on that local, church-run, welfare group!

Bill.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The WBT$ GB Rock Star Popes "Fat and Happy Song!!"..

We`re all Fat and Happy/We haven`t Missed a Meal..

If JW`s Starve/It`s No Big Deal!..

...........................  photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Selling Pioneer Cookies to support the work (with JW tracts laid out, so the saleswoman can count her time):

Bell Ringing to send the Governing Body members on a well-earned vacation:

Establishing donation boxes outside of Kingdom Halls for the newest way to provide for Bethelites:

• Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers

I am a firm believer in donating to charitable causes that concern me.

I recall once mentioning that to a brother who commented that I should be contributing that money to the organization.

He stated, "They do more than any charity is going to do! They provide the chance for eternal changes."

My comment: " I don't think someone with cancer cares about the eternal...they are just trying to make it till tomorrow."

Blank stare, mouth open.

SOP

• Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers

Oh, sorry, another point:

I recall the response of the commander in Angels and Demons (the movie)

"My church feeds the hungry, comforts the sick and dying. What does your church do?"

Great question for a Witness.

I usually hear the response about teaching someone to fish being better than giving them a fish.

yeah, a kid dying of AIDS or a family suffering from the ravages of Alzheimer's or Parkinson's really wants to learn how to fish!

SOP

• label licker
    label licker

came across 2013 Newcastle Greystones Co Wicklow Watchtower Bible Tract Society of Ireland

This was listed under Resident Charities authorised @ August 9th 2013 under the scheme of tax relief for donations to eligible charities

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit