Does The Organization of Jehovah's Witnesses Do Any Charity Work?

by Bangalore 34 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Does The Organization of Jehovah's Witnesses Do Any Charity Work?

Answer from a WT Apologist

http://defendingjehovahswitnesses.blogspot.com/2013/05/does-organization-of-jehovahs-witnesses.html

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

My question is "How do we know that 90% of all their donations go to printing maz. and books and helping fellow JW during disaster?" That's a great claim to make but nobody shows the numbers to that effect. I can say I use 90% of my money to help the poor but if I don't show proof it only my word. They say we have no homeless JW on the streets but what it did not say is how elders will tell them to go to the local church to get food or aid. It's true families should help there parents or children first but many times they just will not help. When it comes to giving money to the poor in the hall that is always money collected from elders and MS to help them but also the one getting the money is told to look else ware in the future. There is no money fund in the KH for the needy. Jesus may have commanded go out and teach others but the example he showed was help others in need not placing a scroll with them. Totally ADD

• poppers
    poppers

Wow, that's some fancy footwork to make themselves look good for their lack of concern for others. Just love the last 4 paragraphs - pure gold.

As usual, any criticism of Jehovah's Witnesses also condemns Christ since Witnesses follow Christ's directions exactly!

It is irrefutable that Jehovah's Witnesses are engaged in the greatest Bible education work that has ever occurred in all human history (Mt.24:14; 28:18-20).

Jehovah's Witnesses are publishing the greatest amount of Bible based literature ever published in all human history. Jehovah's Witnesses are now publishing literature in more than 600 languages!

It is also significant that Jehovah's Witnesses distribute bibles and bible based literature worldwide free of charge while other religions’ publishing houses are profit making operations. It is a proven fact that, like most “charitable” organizations, most of these groups are shams or actually end up giving very little to those in need. Money sent to them largely pay for the large salaries of their executives and preachers.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

Oh this just makes me want to scream. How incredibly hypocritical, and see through! No JW widows and orphans begging, because the local CHURCH or government agency takes care of their need, not the local KH. "Starving people, here, eat this paper we have printed so generously, it is nourishing food, trust us".

• jhine
    jhine

They do not follow Jesus teaching exactly , Jesus taught us to give to the poor , any poor , to be kind even to your enemies not just your brothers . If you have two coats and your brother has non then you give him a coat . In

the parable of the good samaritan Jesus makes it clear that anyone in need is our brother .

It most certainly is not irrefutable that they engage in the greatest Bible education work in all human history . I assume that these are quotes from the Watchtower and we know their track record for "truth "

Lots of Christian groups , many interdenominational , are publishing in many languages . Again claims made by the WT that are not supported by facts .

Where is the proof that most charitable organisations give very little to the poor . At least most charitable orgs publish figures to show where the money goes .

How accountable is the WT for how it spends donations ?

It makes me angry when the WT makes these wonderful boasts about how much better it is than other denominations and the r&f just soak it all up without question .

Rant over . Jan ps any lurkers check all this stuff out FOR YOURSELVES .

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

I would say No.

Other religions have soup kitchens and help the poor or allow their premises to be used for useful things (Alcoholics Anonymous). The JWs don't do anything of the sort. They don't even help their own, let alone the community at large.

Offering "free" Bible studies doesn't cut it, in my opinion.

• Splash
    Splash

If that response made you angry then don't look at their defense of 1975 or vaccinations, you'll explode.

Splash

• MissConfused
    MissConfused

Offering free bible and literature will help all the third world countries!!! how come the UN never cracked this secret....

• sspo
    sspo

They should learn from the Mormons...they preach their religion but they more than any other religion help their members and also outsiders with food and money to pay their rent or mortgage. I personally know 3 individuals that get their rent paid for by their Mormon church...as long you are in good standing with them they will take care of you when the need is there.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Charity?! Bwahahahahahaha!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit