Does The Organization of Jehovah's Witnesses Do Any Charity Work?

by Bangalore 34 Replies latest watchtower bible

• label licker
    label licker

Didn't they sell their building in Ireland last year?

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

No they don't. If a member needs food or monetary support, medical, dental, they are told to either go to their relatives they are shunning, or to christendoms charities who help members and non members.

They do NOT follow the early christians who took care of their own and others.

• linuxbob
    linuxbob

As a former volunteer fireman is married to a dub for over 30 years I have never ever seen the Wintnesses help anyone in times of disaster. So when it comes to them saying they help their community in time of need they are full of sh**.

• jhine
    jhine

many people have mentioned the charity work done with the poor ,the disadvantaged , the homeless , drug addicts etc by that nasty old Christendom , all denominations and often many working together .

I would like to address the other claims made , about preaching work and publication of teaching material in other languages . I was talking this morning to someone about the group called ReSource which are an interdenominational evangelistic group in the U.K. Just one of many . They have an outreach programme called Rooted in Jesus aimed at African countries . They have worked in Tanzania , Burundi , Rwanda and S Africa,up to date . They translate the material into all the local dialects including Kinyarwanda (no me neither ) .

It does tee me off that the Watchtower takes this high stance that comes through the r&f that they are the only group preaching in far flung places and exotic languages .

To any JW appologists who may read this NO THEY ARE NOT .

I mention this group by name so that anyone can check this out . They are online and easily found .

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Good points all. Since they do not do charity work their tax exemption should be remnoved perhaps.

Bangalore

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit