HELP. ELDERS COMING TO TALK WITH THE FAMILY

by Thoughtless 48 Replies latest jw experiences

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Why study it? You don't need to study every fake dollar bill. Just learn what the real one looks like. It's so much easier. If you are in a single parent family, then it is likely an " encouraging visit." Seriously start thinking about what you want to do in your life. What do like? What do you think is cool? What talents do you have? Are you still in school? Talk to a counselor about jobs and an education.

When I was in school a counselor told me all kinds of things that I never did. Why? The Governing Body told me that GOD told them that the END was soon. I have been out of school longer than you have been alive. I may have to work until I die. Don't make the same mistake. Check out a community college and see a counselor, just see what's out there. Be careful though. You don't want to be drowned in student debts. Just becaus the WTBTS is full of crap. that doesn't mean that all non-JW enterprises are looking out for you.

I am sure that many on this site can give you some valuable advice. Advice based on experience, not dogma and fantasy.

Peace,

DD

• Faithful Witness
    Faithful Witness

If you are truly going to study the magazine, I would suggest using a different approach than the one they teach.

#1 ignore the questions at the bottom of the page. They have no value to a thinking person.

#2 go through the mag with a highlighter and find all the different synonyms that they use for the word "change." (Adjustment, clarification, previously we believed... Etc.)

#3 see if you can recognize the ways they attempt to manipulate the reader. Confusion, making him flip pages back and forth while reading complex interpretations, false assumptions stated as facts. See how many "facts" you can spot, that have no evidence. Read the accompanying scriptures, but read the whole chapter... for example, read the entire parable of the sheep and goats. Who are the sheep? How are they identified?

They are trying to distract you from what is happening right now. They are manipulating you And your family. Good for you. It sounds like you are Awakening. Keep posting questions, you are safe here.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I have found an efficient way of marking the magazine for hubby. I read the question FIRST then highlight the answer AFTER. I skim the rest of the paragraph and it doesn't retain (waste brain space) as much. I think our young man just wants to sound current in case the elders ask.

For independence of mind, I come up with questions the article fails to ask. Sometimes I note counter-scriptures in the margin.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Why do you have to attend?

You are over 18, aren't you?

Let the family handle them while you go out with friends, go to the park, go fishing, go to a movie or whatever you do for pleasure.

You don't owe the elders anything.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Why do you want to study the July Watchtower?

That poison spiritually kills you.

• allelsefails
    allelsefails

A good question to ask about that article is "where am I in the illustration about the wheat and the weeds?" Bad people = Weeds, Anointed people = Wheat, Great Crowd = ....missing... Really? The illustration covers the few thousand anointed remnant gathered into congregations but does not mention 7 million people supposedly serving Christ? idiocy.

If you get roped into something beyond a "shepherding call" in the future PM me. I went through a JC for apostasy and did not get disfellowshipped. Got a 5 year fade going now and lots of experience. (I was also an elder for 6 years.)

Here for you if you need.

• never a jw
    never a jw

Intestinal illness? not a bad idea. Take a laxative and time it to hit you hard around the time of the elders' visit.

• Thoughtless
    Thoughtless

HOLY SHIT, allelsefails (your name is appropriate), I will take note, thank you. Jgnat, thank you for the advice. I am just staying abreast like you said, so that I could keep on my toes with the elders. DATADOG, I am in college and I finished my community college with Honors in half the speed. Honesty, I am just trying to maintain appearances. When I see the elders in the case of apostasy, I want to outwit them with their own knowledge, if at all possible.

• corijane
    corijane

You are not an "apostate", this word has its own JW definition and they apply it to anyone that want to question, explore, be a free thinker. FYI, God is the one that gave you free will and you are perfectly able to exercise that right without being labelled. However, they are going to label you however they want, just remember that is not you that is their definition of you, you can decide your own definition of yourself and if you are questioning, exploring, thinking...that makes you human not apostate.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit