Jehovah's Witness boy fights court for right to die

by jwfacts 87 Replies latest watchtower medical

• BroMac
    BroMac

Jgnat Stem cells transplant is an acceptable treatment. Well it is actually for "each individual to decide for themselves".

• zound
    zound

This is getting a bit of tv coverage.

• 3Mozzies
  • jwfacts
    jwfacts

That is a great report. Very balanced and shows the concern that the child may be suffering coercion. Further, in the case of a child, a parents religious beliefs should not be imposed upon a child to allow them to die.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Good coverage! Spreading the truth bout jws to the people. Soon it will be next to impossible to pick up adult converts in this country.

• steve2
    steve2

This young man sounds like me when I was 17 going on 18. I was absolutely convinced I had the truth. I would have refused a blood transfusion with a defiant "Bring

it on" mentality. When you're 17, you know everything...and yet nothing.

My mother, father and four grandparents would have been so very proud that their son/grandson was fighting for his right to refuse blood transfusions. Yet, my only "hope" - unacknowledged by everyone in my family - would be the High Court. How very scarey and sobering that the people who knew me and loved me the most would have let me die. How revealing that it would take a worldly court of law - presumably under Satanic dominion - to save me.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

I did it. I did refuse a transfusion when I was badly injured at 16. It was before I was baptised but my automatic, conditioned response convinced me that I must love the truth. So I got dunked.

The whole blood issue is probably the first thing that got me on the road to where I am now.

It's ironic to think that the thing that triggered my baptism was also the thing that triggered my awakening to TTATT.

• zound
    zound

The court ordered him to have the transfusion.

While noting he was highly intelligent, a "mature minor" and devoted to his faith, the judge also found the boy had been "cocooned in that faith" for his entire life.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/nsw/a/19136340/jehovah-teen-ordered-to-accept-transfusion/

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I am not in favour of making patients answer any type of historical doctrine test before being able to decide their own medical treatment. (What next, Catholic women to be quizzed about popes and infallibility before they are allowed to decide against abortion on medical grounds?) This boy is almost eighteen which makes him an adult as far as I'm concerned for all intents and purposes, and his authority to decide what happens to his own body should be respected. I also think the thread is wrongly titled: he is fighting for the right to decide his medical treatment or what happens to his own body, not for "the right to die", as if he were asking for euthanasia on compassionate grounds, as some patients of debilitating illnesses do. Such misuse of language confuses rather than clarifies the issues involved.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    Supreme Court Justice Ian Gzell overrode the wishes of the boy, known as X, and his parents when he ruled in April
    that he must undergo treatment for Hodgkin's lymphoma at the Sydney "Children's Hospital".

Childrens Hospital?!..

He`s not an Adult..

The Judge did the right thing..

.......................  photo mutley-ani1.gif ...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit