Gorby's father collapses at home after new light watchtower study

by Gorbatchov 50 Replies latest jw friends

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Sorry about your father Gorbatchov. Since he feels so depressed, he might live a few more happier years if he awakened and learned what the WTBTS really is - A DANGEROUS CULT!!

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• designs
    designs

That is a tough thing to watch Gorby, my mother went through the same anguish.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

3rdGen: It is such a shame that the faithful are not prepared for old age and death. It's like an 80- something still believes in Santa Claus. If they start to realize they were wrong all those years it is devistating!

OMG! That's it exactly. Of course, I have no idea what it's like to find out there is no Santa, but what a great comparison. I'm nowhere near 80, but coming to terms with TTATT has been devestating. I'm facing things in life that I told I would never see. I bought it all, hook line & sinker.

Gorby, sorry too about your Dad. For someone his age, I imagine the Blue Pill would be much much easier.

Doc

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Maybe take him somewhere nice like the beach or a park just to soothe his soul.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

GORBY:

It is a sad state of affairs when older Witnesses have the rug pulled out from under them! I have been a "fader" for almost thirteen years and the first thing I did was to make peace with the idea of death. And I didn't think I was being morbid, just realistic.

I rid myself of the religion's cruel paradise earth fantasy. Believe it or not, it worked out well and I suffered no mental distress which made me wonder how much I even believed the religion's teaching. It is much healthier to live in the here and now. Witnesses just wish their life away.

I hope things improve for your dad.

• clarity
    clarity

In answer to Gypsy's question..."I wonder how the older ones are reacting in general to the new light?"

>

After 50 yrs in (not a born-in) & waking up, this lady was mad as hell!

>

There is grieving & depression and then finally acceptance.

>

Now, I feel fantastically empowered ... not afraid of anything

or anyone ....anymore!

>

I directed all that energy, that went into trying to change peoples

religions ....into me & my life, and expanding out to any who

are able to 'tune in'!

>

My life is slowly unravelling from that tight little ball of stress,

my health is exceptional & my intensions are to run headlong into the FUTURE!

>

Gorby, I hope your Dad will see that the real truth has been here all along.

>

Age is just a number .......... we could die at 3 or 25 or 30...and the 70yr old

could be still having a very productive life!

>

We each can only live one second at a time ...... it is not how

many seconds there are ....... but how you live each second.

Attitude is everything.

clarity

• laverite
    laverite

This is very sad. I feel for him. And you. Is he doing any better?

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

This is going to be rough for so many Witnesses. Glad you're there to help your Dad through it. Hopefully, he will start to take more time for himself.

This article is definitely causing some witnesses to think about their faith.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

So sorry about your dad.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Take care of yourself as well as your father Gorby!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit