Gorby's father collapses at home after new light watchtower study

by Gorbatchov 50 Replies latest jw friends

• Joliette
    Joliette

Damn!!! Sadly a lot of people are gonna have to find out about this religion the hard way. I just wish I had found out about it not being the truth before I was 27. Would have saved myself a lot of gulit and heartache. Sorry about your dad.

• DeWandelaar
    DeWandelaar

O Gorby :( ... I wish you strength to cope with this all and I will hope that your parents will not be shaken to much about all the nonsense the GB is coming up with. Take care Gorby

• I quit!
    I quit!

I think a lot of witnesses are feeling a lot of stress these days trying to force themselves to believe they have the "truth". They just can't seem to admit to themselves that they have been wrong. And they fear what would happen to them if they did.

• adamah
    adamah

I'm happy I told them 3 weeks ago that they are the best parents a son can get.

That's great you were able to tell that to them, since they apparently gave you the strength and confidence to extract yourself from the falsehoods, even if they can't.

Perhaps you can find the strength to demonstrate your love and loyalty to them, EVEN IF they wouldn't be able to reciprocate under their own steam. That's the greatest act of love, a gift given without a HUGE string attached....

Adam

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    I quit! - " They just can't seem to admit to themselves that they have been wrong. And they fear what would happen to them if they did."

Well, in their defense, a nervous breakdown is something worth fearing.

Just sayin'.

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Sorry to hear that,Gorby.I do hope things will work out fine for him.

Bangalore

• laverite
    laverite

Gorby,

You are a very special person. Your parents are very lucky to have such a wonderful son. Also, it sounds as if you are very lucky to have them. I hope your father's strength returns soon.

-Lav

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

Thinking about you Gorby, I hope your father is ok.

When I told my parents I was glad they were my mum & dad they were very moved.

Hoab

• caliber
    caliber

I am please to see that most everyone who has commented here , at least feels a measure of compassion

and pity for your father. This is so much more postive and upbuilding rather than some form of gloating,

spite or contempt

The fullest and best ears of corn are those that hang lowest to the ground

Hope all works out between you and for you both

Love is a beautiful song.... in fact it is is the only song if you wish to find happiness and share such with others

millions of people all over the world know that love is a beautiful song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6ldnpOwt8c

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

How is your dad doing,Gorby? Hope he is fine now.

Bangalore

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit