Gorby's father collapses at home after new light watchtower study

by Gorbatchov 50 Replies latest jw friends

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

Friends,

Sunday my father, a strong believing witness, former elder and still a MS, collapses at home after the new light watchtower study.

The cause was extreme stress. I asked him about his worries. He told me he's feeling old, feeling tired and see's his end comming without Armageddon.

He never thought about getting old in this world and had always a strong believe in the new world.

This week I will visit my father again to support him.

Gorby

• cofty
    cofty

That is so sad. It is the older JWs with 50 or 60 years of service who see their dreams evaporating that I feel very sorry for.

What can you say to help him? I don't know.

I hope he keeps well Gorby.

• Sapphy
    Sapphy

I feel bad that as a born in I only woke up in my 30s, I can't imagine the emotions if I had awoken in my 60s or 70s.

I'm so sorry Gorby, I really do wish the best for your father and strength to you for supporting him.

• Ding
    Ding

Sorry to hear this.

Please keep us posted.

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

It is so shocking to realize things are nothing like you thought. I'm so sorry for your dad and hope he will remember how he lived his life as a good person and trying to be kind.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Gorby, (((((Hugs of friendship - Understanding and Support to You and Your Dad)))))

LoisLane

• gma-tired2
    gma-tired2

feeling bad for your Dad i'm concerned about the older ones in the congregations because they sacrificed their lives without the reward.

• rmt1
    rmt1

I'm sorry you have to see that with your own eyes.

I have not looked around for what this particular new light is. Is this the GB redefining themselves?

• Gypsy Sam
    Gypsy Sam

I'm sorry to hear that about your dad. I wonder how the older ones are reacting in general to the new light?

• wasblind
    wasblind

Gorby , I second what Ding said, So sorry to hear this and please keep us posted

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit