Are Jw's the only ones with apostates....

by VioletAnai 60 Replies latest jw friends

• Xander
    Xander

I'm talking of modern history and religion here my dear....

Oh, that's right. I forgot. God hadn't revealed himself to humans till 1914. *smacks self in head* Well, DUH...of COURSE the entire history of religion in the world isn't relevant...

No, sir, since there was NO TRUE RELIGION prior to the JWs, obviously any other example of apostates aren't relevant.

But, WAIT, do I detect the faint traces of a CIRCULAR ARGUMENT? That x-JWs are the most hateful apostates/yet only x-JWs count as 'apostates'???

Violet, you never cease to disappoint me. You seemed to be thinking for yourself some time ago, what happened?

Xander F
    (Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America - Ohio order)

A fanatic is one who, upon losing sight of his goals, redoubles his efforts.
    --George Santayana

• VioletAnai
    VioletAnai

I don't care about the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society....I care about the bible and I've read it cover to cover and can see it's harmony throughout and also see the different references and contexts...I have not been blinded by my hatred or my own grandoise ideals and philosophies....

I don't think even half of you are the 'bible-experts' that you claim!

I can see the harmony in ANY bible...the points of the jw's can be proved in any of them...

• LB
    LB

OK, I'll stop feeding now.

Never Squat With Yer Spurs On

• DIM
    DIM

Violet -

what scripure in ANY bible tells us that the heavenly hope was cut off in 1935? Or that Jesus came back in 1914? If he did come back in 1914, why the hell do JW's celebrate the memorial. ANY bible will tell you that he said to do it only until he returns. What about 1919? How do you explain their false prophecies? My dear, you need help. You don't need "the truth" you need a professional counselor.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

VioletAnai,

I have come across people who can rag on the Catholic Church with as much passion as an XJW rags on the bOrg.

Take it from me! You don't want to get an X-Catholic started!

"As every one knows, there are mistakes in the Bible" - The Watchtower, April 15, 1928, p. 126
    Believe in yourself, not mythology.
    <x ><

• AjaxMan
    AjaxMan
    even the medievil catholics had 'apostates' in the form of 'heretics'....

Violet, a lot of these 'heretics' in the Catholic countries were tortured and executed or fled. So, they didn't exactly say a word against the religion. Only, the protestant movement with the support of a government (England and the German States) could say anything and get away.

No other religion has displayed this....usually people just quietly leave and get on with their lives and there is no anomosity...even if they have been wronged by their religion...

But with JW's it's different...it's an all out and out attack on anyone and everyone who has something positive to say...

Not true. Have you checked about the Moonies, the Mormons, the Way International, the International (Boston) Church of Christ or the WorldWide Church of God?

Makes me believe the bible and the jw's even more...being here is setting the doubt in my mind right....
    If that's the case, how being here is setting the doubt in your mind?
    Besides, this is not the only site that you find opposition to the JWs. Now, which bible are you believing, the NWT? Keep in mind only JWs use the NWT and it's interesting to know that you can't find the NWT bible in bookstores (at least in my experience).
  • Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Nope, there are apostate Jews, Catholics Mormons, Baptists, and a host of others. Apostates are us.

YERUSALYIM
    "Vanity! It's my favorite sin!"
    [Al Pacino as Satan, in "DEVIL'S ADVOCATE"]

• og
    og

Violet, since you won't read Naeblis's posts let me reiterate, in sweet language that won't offend you - do your own research, honey. Mormons, Moonies, and all the others have active survivor groups, and you can find them with about two minutes effort at Google. Besides, you seem to be saying that since JWs have a large active body of former believers who try to help others escape this dangerous cult... then JWs must be the truth. Er, sorry, The Truth(tm). Sweetie, that argument just doesn't scan for me.

• og
    og

Hey, I'm a senior member now! Cool!

• blondie
    blondie

Google lists immediately Jews, Mormons, and Catholics as having apostate members as well as Baptists, Pentecostals, Methodists, etc. I'm sure the definition of apostate is a little different and how they are treated but essentially, they are viewed as going outside the central belief system. So it doesn't take much research.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit