Are Jw's the only ones with apostates....

by VioletAnai 60 Replies latest jw friends

• drahcir yarrum
    drahcir yarrum

This is just a guess on my part, but perhaps instead of getting back in the organization you just need to get layed.

• Xander
    Xander

Because I believe in my heart that it is the truth

Ah, of course.

My bad.

I forgot you were better than everyone else and that god put the truth in YOUR heart alone.

Everyone else is wrong, we collectively apologize. Forgive us for assuming logic and common sense could reveal anything. We should just have asked what was in VAs heart to begin with, and the whole world would have saved itself a lot of time....

Xander F
    (Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America - Ohio order)

A fanatic is one who, upon losing sight of his goals, redoubles his efforts.
    --George Santayana

• mouthy
    mouthy

If your on this thread to try to help us come back to the Kingdom Hall- Vi- I think your wasting your time- Hey & sure put your time in---The bible tells us the work of God- is to believe in the one God sent- No not the witness! Jesus christ- I am hurting for you my love- I am a granny now-my life was spent in the W.Tower. must husband used to beat me to stop being a JW-but like you! I stood up for it- I too believed it was truth- but pray ...examine truthfully- I was "ousted" because i couldnt believe Jesus came in visably in 1914- I thought I had lost every thing- now I know I had nothing!!Just old mens dreams
    & rules & laws & hatred. There is only ONE,WAY TRUTH,LIFE- Jesus

• VioletAnai
    VioletAnai

Thanx again Xander for putting words into my mouth, man I luv that....I do feel it is right in MY heart....I mentioned nothing about God putting the truth into my heart....Don't be such a bitter s.o.b...

I like yer sarcasism tho, reminds me of...me!

OF COURSE, I FORGOT...YOU'RE THE RIGHT ONE AREN'T YOU! How terrible of me not to keep that fact in the fore...

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

Good point Xander.

She ignores any rationality.

Check out the 5 or 6 threads she has posted in the last hour.

A heaping pile of sh1t.

It is not religious persecution for an informed person to expose publicly a certain religion as being false, thus allowing persons to see the difference between false religion and true religion.
    WT 11/15/1963 page 688 paragraph 3

• outcast
    outcast

If she was a good god fearing person at heart, she
    wouldn't have to had such a lengthy departure.

She will miss us "Apostates"

...parting is such sweet sorrow....

'til we meet again'............

• DIM
    DIM

Violet -

tell my pioneer mom and my dad hello for me, you see, they barely speak to me since i don't agree with certain JW teachings.....gotta love how they love their own family. hahaha....oh well, they are just following the watchtower......

• TR
    TR

Violet,

You seem to know virtually nothing about other religions and you think that you have the truth in the WTS? Cripes.

I second what naeblis said. Get off yer ass and do some research.

TR- been there, done that class

UADNA-WA
    Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America- Washington Division

• anewlife
    anewlife

Reborn: You utter my words..."Why are you here posting?" That was my first question when I read her thread.

Violet, What is your goal in posting here? What is your motive? If you are soooooo sure what you have is "the truth", then why waste your precious time on this forum trying to "rebrainwash" those of us who will never go back. You see, we KNOW more than you do. We have been through it!!!

I wish you well, I really do, but I'm afraid that it'll only be a matter of time before you are posting on this site again singing a different tune, wishing you would have listened to us. I honestly think you are really NOT THAT SURE and that is why you're here already! Just my opinion.

• Hyghlandyr
    Hyghlandyr

VioletAnai

I have stated on the board before in other threads, that it is my opinion that some people are just Jehovah's Witnesses. Just as some people are men, some people are women, some people are artists, some people are catholics. I myself have no religion, but I am Catholic. It is in my DNA. Some call that a Cultural Catholic, Irish Catholic specifically. If you are a witness, hey go for it. If it makes you happy and gives you a fulfilling life, don't let anyone else tell you otherwise.

I ask, that if you do, when you do, keep in mind some of the things you have heard here. Keep your eyes open. Do not let people abuse you or others. Remember that in each group there are people hurting. Help them if you can. If you are a witness, then be the best you can be. I am not speaking of just the moral codes, but the emotional ones. The tenderness that Jesus showed to people, show that to others. Be a joy for other people. Make field service something that people, including you, look forward to. Be the person that the other witnesses are happy to be around. But mostly be happy to be around yourself. In otherwords, be well satisfied. And don't let us talk you out of it.

I've read some of your posts and I like them frankly. I dont consider this post to be about convincing us to go back to the hall or an attack. It is true what you said to a degree, in your experience the ex witnesses are a pretty angry and vocal group. Of course, that is partly your experience because you are on an ex witness board. If you were spending a lot of your time on yahoo chat, you would see a lot of ex witnesses who get along with the witnesses over there and we all just chill together. You would see ex witnesses who defend the watchtower society and certainly defend witnesses in general. You would see us do this sometimes because folks are just stating the facts wrong about yall. And sometimes because it is just fun to defend the witnesses. And nothing excites some of us exes more than watching a witness totally destroy some preaching trinitarian.

If you ask sometime I will give you apostate websites for some other religions that I have visited, like mormons (I am studying with them now), and ICOC (I studied with them for a short time and went to their church) and Moonies(havent met them yet) and Catholics (havent been since I was a kid) and Pentacostals (Havent been there since I was 18) and other religions. I myself dont really have apostates of my religion, which I created and made up totally from scratch, nothingism, but I have plenty of opposers, right here on this board. I am opposed here more than the witnesses are, well that is my fantasy anyhow. But I wont push, if you want those, so you can compare them to this site let me know I will hunt them up again.

As to the word apostate, lots of JWs here think the society misuses the word. They do not. The word apostate merely means someone that leaves a specific group. So by leaving them, we are apostates. Where they err is in claiming that if you leave them you consciously choose to leave god. Now if it is true that they are the only ones with the truth, then you are leaving god by leaving them, however, this does not mean you are aware that you are leaving god, if you think your new religion has god. The other way they err is in thinking all apostates oppose them. I personally am intrigued and enthralled by them. Though I would like to see them change the shunning doctrine and their policy about reporting cases of abuse.

You mentioned you grew up in it I gathered? And that you left. When you left were you a 'good' girl or a 'bad' one? This is a rhetorical question, dont answer it. I say it because when I left, (I did not grow up in it) I was 'bad' in only a couple things. I drank a little, not much. And I went to strip clubs a couple of times. I dont drink anymore, and strip clubs, while interesting, dont have much appeal to me, now that I dont think they are sinful. However a lot of witnesses I have noticed that leave, particularly those that grew up in it, end up joining 'the world' in full force. They get involved in drugs, smoking, alcohol, sex, perhaps crime, violence. The list goes on and each person's experience is different. They then perceive that this experience constitutes 'the world' and the watchtower society is right. For some that is the world. For others the world is vastly different. They lead sober, successful, moral, uplifting lives. They help others, care for their families, and are productive members of society and god.

I loved my experience as one of Jehovah's Witnesses. I would never wish it taken back. I am sure you did as well, and I hope in the future if you are a witness in the sense of it being something in your very blood, that you enjoy that experience as well. I am glad you dont blame the organization for things that were done for you, nor do you blame other witnesses. I dont myself for things that were done to me and my sisters. Only those who did them are responsible. If someone knows something and keeps it a secret, well the law will determine whether they are also responsible.

So I say, do what you want. I hope if you get baptised or participate in any way in the organization, you will contribute here still. I look forward to seeing many more posts from you, and hearing about your experiences in field service, the hall, and assemblies.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit