There she goes with that "thank Jehovah" again

by ShirleyW 35 Replies latest jw friends

• adamah
    adamah

What about the loser? Shouldn't they blame God for letting them down to face defeat? Was the winner more blessed by THEIR God?

In a sense, that's EXACTLY the way people would think in ancient times as reflected in Exodus, where Jehovah God, the deity of the Hebrews, was more powerful than the Egyptian God. Back then, the defeated Nation would admit the winner's God was BETTER than theirs, and they accepted defeat. The Hebrews changed all that, making up a bunch of excuses for why their God had foresaken them against the Babylonians and Assyrians (when they were just sore losers, is more like it!).

And as much as they'd deny it, you just KNOW that almost all JWs (from GB member to publisher) are going to think ANY mention of Jehovah God is a win for "their" team, knowing that the game is being broadcast Worldwide. Thus they will engage in "special pleading", saying "But it's different for Serena..." since she's mentioning the name of the TRUE God, THEIR God (unlike Brittany or Tim Tebow who mention "God", the God of Babylon the Great).

Yet another example of delusional thinking at work, since people are often unable to analyze their beliefs without an inherent observer bias.

Adam

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Shirley W,

JW's aren't even supposed to BE in competitive sports, let alone, be a world famous Tennis player.

JW's aren't even supposed to be in Band or Chorus, at school, let alone be a singing super-star.

JW women, aren't even supposed to show cleavage, let alone pose nude or with see-through clothing.

When they make reference to "Thank you Jehovah" I always cringed.

So many years ago, WT printed something to the effect that Michael Jackson was not one of Jehovah's Witnesses. Maybe something backfired with that. I don't know. So, possibly because of that, they allow world figures, to say whatever they want to say. If public figures want to say. "Thank you Jehovah" so be it.

Obviously, WT doesn't want any bad publicity. I would imagine WT is glad to take any money donations, they want to give out. That could be the answer in a nut shell .

WatchTower is a screwy religion with many screwy people in it. That I know for sure. I used to be one of those "Take me to your Leader... I believe everything

you tell me". lol Not anymore.

Just Lois

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

I would imagine WT is glad to take any money donations

That's it exactly

MJ wrote a mighty hefty check to the Borg around the time that Thriller came out

• fresh prince of ohio
    fresh prince of ohio

You know, the thing about Serena is that personality is so utterly lacking with her that I don't worry about anybody getting interested in JWism due to her thanking groovy jeehoovy after one of her snoozefest tennis matches where she shrieks so loud every time she hits the ball that it becomes like nails on a chalkboard, and she's so dominant it's silly.

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

I hear what you're sayin' Shirley W.....so sickening to hear people chalking everything up to God when things are going their way. (gag)

So easy to ignore all those in terrible circumstances when God is making good things happen for me.

Reporter with microphone: "Hey Serena, you seem to have a Godly devotion and you credit him for your success, but how did your Sports Illustrated photo shoot display your reverance for God and how was it in harmony with 1 Tim 2: 9,10 ? " ( Likewise I desire the women to adorn themselves in well-arranged dress, with modesty and soundness of mind, not with styles of hair braiding and gold or pearls or very expensive garb, but in the way that befits women professing to reverence God, namely, through good works.)

• steve2
    steve2

gcs, there's a world of difference between expressing gratitude for what one has and blatantly thanking your "God" for giving you a competitive victory over another human being.

Besides, it is the astonishing selectivity displayed by people when they thank their God for seemingly mundane but personal things in a world where the hand of God would be infinitely more needed elsewhere.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

When something good happens to a JW, it's only because Jehovah blessed them. When they are suffering, it is because Jehovah is allowing it for a reason. When smothing tragic happens, it's because, Satan was more powerful than, Jehovah doesn't provide protection for individuals.

• cofty
    cofty

Anybody who thanks god for their food faces exactly the same ethical challenge as Williams and Tebow.

• designs
    designs

What does Jehovah get when she comes in 2nd a Buick.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Thanking God is one thing..

Jehovah belongs to the WBT$..It`s their Brand..

The WBT$ just got Free Advertising..

So the WBT$ is Happy to ignore Serena hiding her..

Butt Crack with Flowers..

......................  photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit