There she goes with that "thank Jehovah" again

by ShirleyW 35 Replies latest jw friends

• wasblind
    wasblind

So the WBT$ is happy to ignore Serena hiding her..

BUTT CRACK WITH FLOWERS........OUTLAW

Serena gave a fine witness OUTLAW.

She showed how Jehovah clothed the Lilies in the fields

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Heh, sorry to whichever moderator removed my post, I guess that was uncalled for

• zound
    zound

What if you thank Jehovah for the food you are about to eat, and then you get food poisnening from said food?

• wasblind
    wasblind

That means Jehovah didn't cook it

• smiddy
    smiddy

We had a sister who thanked jehovah that they sold their house.

It happens all the time

smiddy

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

JWs are some of the most superstitious people on earth. If she lost, she would be blaming Satan.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

gcs:

I admire anyone who acknowledges God and shows gratitude to the One who made all things possible for those who apply themselves

By this logic, I guess the starving children in Laverite's post only need to "apply themselves" more. Starving to death, apparently, is their own fault.

• erbie
    erbie

I can't believe she's so stupid as to think that God is helping her win a tennis match while millions of children/people starve to death.

How thick can you be???

It's just as well she's good at sport because she can't be very bright!

• caliber
    caliber

Greg Jennings

It’s a great day to be great. To God be the Glory.” – Greg Jennings, Green Bay Packers

Christians believe God to be the giver of all talents and gifts . We have to put the work in to be great, but God blesses us with the ability. He blesses us with opportunity

Is it wrong to give credit to a high school teacher for your developed abilities ? You may done the work but they may have instilled

drive and spirit of learning that you now benefit from greatly.

Appreciation and thankfulness are postive qualities .. to believe these poeple are simply praying for a win is missing the point IMO

Society is too caught up in “not offending anyone.”.. if in the moment of your greatest victory you can still look past yourself and show gratitude

to your source of strength of whose concern should this be ?

Which man is most appealing to you ?

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

caliber:

Christians believe God to be the giver of all talents an d gifts .

By your argument, then, god is also the only person who is responsible for the person who has been "given" nothing, like a dirt poor child starving to death.

You see, you can't have it both ways: if you believe god does indeed have the ability/desire to bless a person, give them gifts and answer their prayers, then you also need to acknowledge that when a person does not have these things, despite equally hard work and fervent prayer, god is witholding good from them.

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" -Epicurus

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit