There she goes with that "thank Jehovah" again

by ShirleyW 35 Replies latest jw friends

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Just once after Serena Williams says "thanks to Jehovah God" I would love to hear the commentator ask her "when's the last time you've been out in field service or attended a meeting"?

• whathappened
    whathappened

Does she realize that if Jehovah doesn't care about poverty, war, cancer and natural disasters he probably doesn't care about her tennis match either?

• designs
    designs

Hey the big guy just helped her win $6,000,000.00

• laverite
  • laverite
  • gcs7000
    gcs7000

Hey, SirleyW, since when is expressing gratitude for one's God-given abilities the sole right of an active JW? I admire anyone who acknowledges God and shows gratitude to the One who made all things possible for those who apply themselves. You sound like an *exemplary* JW, which is why I am glad to be a former JW.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

gcs - The thing that gets me about Serena is, or I should say other folks out there in the public eye who claims to be JWs is how they get away with their behavior, have you seen those nude pics of her in Sports Illustrated and a few other magazines, how many sisters do you know that would get away with that one and still claim to be a JW and don't get get me started about Prince, if some brothers in the cong formed a little jazz combo or something and got a few gigs, if they wore the outfits or wrote songs with the lyrics of Prince songs (even after he was baptized) how long would that last ?

• Joliette
    Joliette

Non practising Jehovahs Witnesses? Is that even the correct term? LOL.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Hey Shirley W, When you figure it out, let me know. lol

The WT Society appreciates free advertising. lol They aren't picky. lol

I think when you have the World status of The Williams sister's, Prince and Michael Jackson, it does not matter what they say, how far fetched, nutty, weird or crazy. People are worshipping their idols and idols can do no wrong.

The WatchTower Society says way nuttier and super-duper crazy stuff, and yet they have over 7 million world wide follower's. lol

To each his own. lol

Just Lois

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Got what figured out?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit