There she goes with that "thank Jehovah" again

by ShirleyW 35 Replies latest jw friends

• caliber
    caliber

By your argument, then, god is also the only person who is responsible

In my comments I also mentioned this... Is it wrong to give credit to a high school teacher for your developed abilities

thus I fail to see your logic

victims of God or circumstance ?

I returned to see under the sun that the swift do not have the race, nor the mighty ones the battle, nor do the wise also have the food, nor do the understanding ones also have the riches, nor do even those having knowledge have the favor; because time and unforeseen occurrence befall them all.

Coping strength is all that God promises until the final outworking of things

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan
    Besides, it is the astonishing selectivity displayed by people when they thank their God for seemingly mundane but personal things in a world where the hand of God would be infinitely more needed elsewhere.

Steve2, that also flies in the face of god's omni(whatever), doesn't it?

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

I almost feel sorry for Michael Jackson...he got a lot more grief during the Thriller days than the current crop of JW superstars. I would say the $$ the WTS gets is more important than the type of "witness" is being given to the world.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

caliber:

victims of God or circumstance ?

You just answered your own question and undermined your own argument.

• caliber
    caliber

What if you thank Jehovah for the food you are about to eat, and then you get food poisnening from said food?...zound

victims of God or circumstance ? There is no magical protection.. Coping strength is all that God promises until the final outworking of things

• caliber
    caliber

AndDontCallMeShirley

Freedom for religion or freedom from religion which seems fairest to you ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit