Are your Ready for Sunday's WT...1914...

by Legacy 62 Replies latest jw friends

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

They just care about (a) social connections now and (b) seeing Grandma in the resurrection on the paradise earth.

The social connections with a few special people is the only thing I miss about it.

Doc

• Jaidubdub
    Jaidubdub

I agree with Steve2, apathy is their greatest threat. I didn't even register the generation changes coz I switch off what they talk about from the platform. I have been doing that for years & I know I'm not the lonely one - Its just so booorrriiinnnggg.... My friend in another congo wld go to the toilet & spend half the meeting catching up on the latest gossip with close friends, the other half trying to stay awake. During our DC over the years we spent more time at the local cafe having coffee's than we did listening to the sessions. The cafe during the sessions is the best meeting place for many jw's. The apathy seems to be getting worse each year amoung many. But it sure keeps yr social life busy...

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley
    I started the article...talk about confusing...but maybe on purpose only a few in the hall will be able to break it down.

The article is deliberately confusing. 99% of JWs will be easily worn down considering the material and give up; those who really want to make sense of it will also give up...because it will annoy anyone with any sense of rational, logical thought.

I agree with others here: most JWs will attach no significance to this article because they don't know what they believe. It's impossible to see something as "new light" when you don't know what the old light was.

Even if they see holes in the arguments, the JW default is. 'the GB says it's true, so it must be true. Why should I worry about it?'

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Kool Jo:

I mentioned this is a couple persons, and their response: this is what we always beleived in, they're just now making it official!

Which begs the question: how is it that almost 8 million JWs could come to believe in something that wasn't "official" in the first place?

This just subtantiates that fact that the vast majority of JWs have no clue about what they actually believe.

• pronomono
    pronomono

The further you read the more confusing it gets. For example, look at these quotes.

Pg 8, Par 19: "Finally, we examined why Jesus’ arrival to appoint the faithful slave over all his belongings did not occur in 1919 but will take place during the great tribulation."

Pg 23, Par 12: "In 1919, a time of spiritual revival, Jesus selected capable anointed brothers from among them to be the faithful and discreet slave and appointed them over his domestics."

First, they say it happened (previous literature). Then they say it didn't happen (new light). And then a few articles later they say it did happen. Looking at the articles as a whole, I THINK they are trying to say that there is a dual fulfillment, one in 1919 and a future fulfillment during the great tribulation. I find no scriptural basis for this other than reading between the confusing lines.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

These guys on the Governing Body are getting old and their brain is turning to mush with all their delusions of being the CEOs of God's earthly Organization. They have a brain but it's not firering on all cylinders, it can't with their brain all crippled by delusions of grandeur, and blinded by wishful thinking they can't even keep track of what they print or how outrageous their speculations are.

• Sapphy
    Sapphy

Im almost tempted to go. Probably I'll just have a lie in.

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

Pg 8, Par 19: "Finally, we examined why Jesus’ arrival to appoint the faithful slave over all his belongings did not occur in 1919 but will take place during the great tribulation." Pg 23, Par 12: "In 1919, a time of spiritual revival, Jesus selected capable anointed brothers from among them to be the faithful and discreet slave and appointed them over his domestics." Pronomo - I found the first quote on page 16, par 19, but couldn't find the second quote. Was it in an earlier article?

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

pronomono, you have to re-read the original parable. First the master appoints his slave over his domestics (the other slaves, basically), then when he returns, he appoints the slave over ALL his belongings as a reward for his faithful service. The former event happened (according to the WT) in 1919, the latter will happen at the GT.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Michelle365 - "...I went to the meeting (for fun)..."

Clearly, you and I have vastly differing views on fun.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit