Are your Ready for Sunday's WT...1914...

by Legacy 62 Replies latest jw friends

• sir82
    sir82

Repetition for empahasis:

1) The idea that "the great tribulation started in 1914 but was cut short" was dropped in the mid-60's. The WTS is citing "old, old light".

2) 99% of Jws don't give a flying fig what the doctrine is. They just care about (a) social connections now and (b) seeing Grandma in the resurrection on the paradise earth.

If next month's WT came out with the idea that billion-year-old Thetans were inhibiting the free flow of cosmic energy, and put a miscellaneous scriptural reference in parentheses next to it, 99% of JWs wouldn't bat an eye.

• man oh man
    man oh man

This is the month we have all been waiting for. Probably will be a dissappointment though. But ya never know! And hey we get to finish it with a gb parade.

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

If next month's WT came out with the idea that billion-year-old Thetans were inhibiting the free flow of cosmic energy, and put a miscellaneous scriptural reference in parentheses next to it, 99% of JWs wouldn't bat an eye.

lol. a bit of an exaggeration but I get your point and I agree, nobody will give a flying frack about this WT and what it is saying. Its sad really.

• Mr Fool
    Mr Fool

Just bring with you an Awake proir nov 1995 and the book "You can live forever in paradise on earth" and ask for a true answer

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Legacy:

I don't think it will make much of a difference. All the real thinkers are out or at least making their way out the door.

The rest of the die-hards, I am afraid, are there for the duration. Let them stay there. I am only glad I'm out.

• BroMac
    BroMac

Sir82 that was so funny. Just to reaffirm the point to Legacy, Nothing has changed about 1914. What they are doing is telling the readers of the changes that they used to believe and then tag on to the end that there has never been a FDS until 2012 and guess what, they are it. But they haven't officially been appointed by Jesus yet but because they are being faithful and discreet NOW then Jesus decision is a formality for the future. Yes thats right they are telling Jesus the master what to do in his own house. If that is how they treat Jesus then I wonder how they are treating their fellow slaves.....

• gingerbread
    gingerbread

Many that I know that have been jw's for decades are rather quiet about the 'new' understanding. The articles are convoluted and confusing to most. Some have express that it's been understood for years that the GB is really the F&DS....

Plenty are as giddy as the people anticipating a new season of Downton Abbey. ( It's the final phase of NEW LIGHT before Armageddon!!! )

ginger

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Michelle365, you must be reading my mind. I think the meetings are purposely designed to numb the brain and senses. The halls are usually stuffy, the material repetitious, the delivery monotonous, the comments inane. While the sheeple are in this trancelike state they are open to the power of suggestion. We are the truth.... We are Gods spirit-directed organization.......disagreing with us is tantamount to rejecting God....... Do more....... Do more...... Do more........Donate to us....... Donate more to us.......Write your kids out of the will...........ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

• BroMac
    BroMac

Mr Fool. Awesome to see false prophecies in black and white. What would be the response today of a JW who was presented with those statements made in the name of God?

• St George of England
    St George of England

@BroMac - I think the new belief is slightly different to your definition of the FDS.

The FDS were appointed for the first time in 1919 to dispense food to the domestics, but were not appointed over ALL Jesus' belongings on earth and IN HEAVEN. This appointment will be made in the future during the GT. They have decided they meet the criteria already. Arrogant fools.

George

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit