Gay MS??

by andysmiles 65 Replies latest jw experiences

• andysmiles
    andysmiles

Thank you all for you kind replies.

It's a hard time. Especially now the new revision of the Bible actually adds homosexuality into it. Like at 1 Cor 6: 9-11.

So yeah. Thank you for your kind words.

:)

• freedom2bme
    freedom2bme

Welcome andysmiles! You will find true friends here with unconditional love.

Keep in mind that the "new" revision of the JW bible was written my mere fallible men and made to follow doctrine that too was created by mere human fallible men.

I am new to this forum and have found it(and others- jehovahswitnessrecovery.com) to be of the utmost help. Read, read, read the many experiences of others before you and in very similar situations have posted and found true happiness on the otherside.

I knew I was gay too before being baptized as a JW and I like you thought if I prayed and did what I thought god wanted me to do this "feeling" would change. It was a very lonely existance for 7 yrs among hundreds of JW friends who did nothing but bash and judge gay people and I couldn't tolerate it any longer. So I did what I thought best at the time and I moved 1000 miles away and came out. Mainstream society in my small town and my family too made it hard for me to accept my true self so I thought it best to go where no one knew me and enjoyed my new found freedom.

It wasn't until just 2 years ago and me moving back close to home again that I am just now dealing with my family as a gay man with my partner of 11 yrs. We now live in Columbus Oh where we are accepted and can live our lives free of judgement.

I am also just now aware of the enormous need for recovery from the doctrines of the JW borg that have been burned into my mind and poisoned me. TTATT(The Truth About The Ttruth) has made me aware. Honestly, it has been a real struggle as it is similar to mourning a death with depression, anxiety, anger and self issolation....each day gets better however. This is just my personal experience with all I have on my plate, not all go through this exactly.

Hang in there and realise you dont have to do anything drastic at this immediate time.

best wishes and if you'd like to private message me, feel free!

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

I was also raised to hate gay people... but after my awakening a few years ago, my wife and I have become close friends with a gay couple... in fact, they've turned out to be our best friends!

My advice... be yourself and don't worry about what others think of you. The world is changing quickly and soon you'll be free to openly roam the earth.

• SuperBoy
    SuperBoy

Just my pennies worth.

You will find that

- "worldly" people are not as horrible as we were all taught
    - "worldly" people are not being nice because Satan is trying to blind you
    - you are a normal person

I can't stress this enough but you've been through a lot. So be kind to yourself.

• 88JM
    88JM

^ This

• John_Mann
    John_Mann

There's no Holy Spirit.

This is the reason why a gay or an atheist can be appointed as a MS or an elder. Very simple if you think about it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit