hi everybody..

by americanboy 70 Replies latest jw friends

• americanboy
    americanboy

And wat the name of their organization? at my home nonody nocked to my door to give me a bible study.... only jws are worldwide at the same way,in each country, nobody can say : i dont know jws

• Captain Obvious
    Captain Obvious

Did Jesus say his people would have a study program? No. He said you will know them by their love. You ask who is preaching the good news world wide.. Nobody. There is still a very large percentage of the world who has never heard a remotely Christian 'good news' or point of view. You say nobody can say 'I don't know JW'... The majority of the population of the earth can say that. It happens to depend on where a person was born. If it is absolutely crucial that everyone hear the good news, why is gods organization unable to spread it to everyone? There are JWs in many countries yes, but they have a very small presence in most. Just because there are JWs spread out does not mean the good news is being preached 'to all the nations' meaning to EVERYONE. Even in Russell's day, he taught that the bible students had preached to all nations.. While they were still a tiny, insignificant group. Today, the JWs are still a small obscure group. It is very rare to hear that anyone takes them seriously. You can only beat the end times drum so long (130 years so far) before you become nothing more than a nuisance. Now let me ask you a question... How do you know that Jesus came into power in 1914? We're the bible students watching for him to do this at that time? What did God's organization teach about it at the time? What do they say now? Are you sure?

• jgnat
    jgnat

hi, americanboy. I wish you the best in your ambitions to emigrate.

Other churches who are preaching world-wide include the Jesus Film, Gideons, and the Christian & Missionary Alliance. The Muslims as well are unified, world-wide, and ambitious in their preaching work.

All of these organizations I mention, by the way, distribute bible literature, not man's words.

• valkyrie
    valkyrie

American Boy, è veramente felice Lei, come testimone di Geova? Se è così, continui a darLa alla Sua fede in Dio, nella maniera che quello sia rappresentato dalla organizzazione.

Se, ad un certo punto, si scopre che non cè più il sentimento di gioia incondizionata, o che Lei ha domande, che non si può rispondere - è sufficiente sapere che è possibile trovare qui una comunità aperta e informata sui fatti.

American Boy, are you truly happy, as a Jehovah's Witness? If so, continue to give yourself over to your faith in God, as represented by the organization.

If, at some point, you discover that you are no longer feeling unquestioning joy, or you have questions, which cannot be answered - just know that you can find an open and informed community here.

• Skbj
    Skbj

@Valkerye well said. @Americanboy italian translation is here: http://justpaste.it/6004 (hope that's not against the rules :P) It's okay that you feel how you feel about what I said. You are responding as a normal JW would. What I would like to tell you is how funny that the Watch Tower when it suits them they use newspapers, and books (often out of context) to support what they Watch Tower wants to say. In that case the same news paper is a CREDIBLE source. However if the same newspaper says something against the Watch Tower it automatically becomes unreliable and all they write is lies. I agree there are a lot of papers and/or books that publish things that aren't true, or they twist the truth, but many also publish real facts, and this is not just about JW, I'm talking about everything. It's up to us to use our discernment and understand what's true what's not. And to do that it takes research and open mind to want to learn the truth about something. After all when you go preaching door to door you ask people to ask question to their church and dig dig & dig until they come to the truth, so I invited you to do the same nothing more, nothing less. I invite you not to go read random newspapers, of course sure they can write what they like, I invite you to research and find legal documents, which now days are actually quite easy to get and actually for the sexual abuse example I mentioned, you don't even have to look outside the organization, ask the elders in your congregation to show you from their book....oh wait! They can't show you! That's for elders' eyes only. ;) Luckily for you you can have a copy here just put it on the search field. You know my future is pretty good same as my last 15 years have been actually, I can definitely tell you that my husband and I are looking forward to a better future than my parents are for sure.See the problem with many JW like any other cult after all is they are so focused on the future that they forget to live the present. We have no debts, we have a happy family life, good friends and by good I don't mean just good people, but true friends that come through when you need it. Can't say the same about the friends I used to have in the congregation growing up. The worst stabbings in the back I actually got them from "brothers and sisters". Gossiping, maliciousness, or and the piece of resistance, my ex best friend a "sister" who wasn't just spiritual sister but to me was as good as carnal sister as our parents are best friends, well she tried to seduce my then fiance`then when I caught her and confronted her she went to spread lies that he was the one who tried. Yet...JW are the best :D I haven't left for these people but seeing you mentioned what an organization full of nice people and how we have to obey to associate with such people I wanted to give you a personal example. But going back to the future, you know...I'm actually okay with the prospect of dying. I don't fear death whether is happens tomorrow or in 50 years, and the reason I don't fear it is because I'm at peace with myself and I live life to the fullest that happy paradise status already exists in my heart. When I do something good is because I want to, because it makes me happy not to make someone else (God) happy or to use my good deed as a credit to win a prize later on (eternal life). I know, for you is difficult to understand this, you are taught that there is no happiness away from the organization of Jehovah. There is no life, no satisfaction, no meaning. My parents probably expected me to phone home at some point, in tears feeling sorry for my life, how things weren't happening for me. Unfortunately for them that phone call never came. I wish I took a picture to show their face when they came to visit me the first time. Their eyes were popping out in disbelief how nice the place I lived was and how my life was "in order". Then when I had a dinner party and invited my closest friends a total of 6 nationalities were sitting at the table and when my friends left my mom comment was: "Your friends are wonderful, I spent such a beautiful evening like if I were with brothers and sisters." They had to admit life for me had not turned so depressing as the watch tower would have you believing. Same thing happened with my wedding. Initially my parents didn't want to come because of the religion then they decided at the last minute to come and they went back home incredibly inspired from the love, the genuine feeling, elegance and pleasantness showed not only by us but from all those attending. They couldn't talk about anything else for months and I'm not exaggerating...by the way..my mother tries to avoid telling me "bad news" about TG that I know but I ask anyway and all those I grew up with? I count around 15 "close" friends I grew up with...all married other TG all divorced. I'm not telling you this to show off, but to make you understand that having a life of satisfaction is an INDIVIDUAL thing, is not something depending of being attached to a religious organization and also this is to explain that there are a lot of good people in the world who actually behave better than JW, and to be honest I find more encouragement in choosing my own friends based on my discernment than being forced to frequent fake people as those I knew and frequented when I was in the organization. That stuff it traumatizing in my opinion. And in regards to: "non si puo imitare gesu solo in parte,per quello che ci fa comodo,anche perchè le cose che dici di fare,le fanno tutte le persone civili....la vera ubbidienza però,sta nel fare cio che ci viene difficile" What I mentioned are things that all civil people do? Really? So why I've never seen heard or read of JW doing charity work extended to everyone, not just helping their own people? When's the last time you've gone to your local social community centre and went to offer practical help or financial help to for disable people, elderly people, poor people who were not JW?

• americanboy
    americanboy

jw's are a small gropup ,it's true...but thanks to the evangelism they are every were,in all country of the world they have carried the truth,only JWs had printed and translated the bible for a lot of language (not any other organization did that) that have not the possibilty of reading the bible in their heart language...or first language.

is not by the number of people,but wat they do,jesus said:the trail of life ,it would been narrow...and a small number of people would go through it.

• insearchoftruth4
    insearchoftruth4

Hi americanboy, you said its what they do, and that is what is sad about the jw's. The bible says to feed and look after the poor people and to honor your father and mother. But the WT does not feed or look after the poor people...They tell their members not to honor your father and mother or help there children if they no longer believe the jw religion..and they have a good reason because they researched the jw religion......insot4

• insearchoftruth4
    insearchoftruth4

James 1:27 and Ex 20:12 and matt 15:4 insot4

• insearchoftruth4
  • insearchoftruth4

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit