The Confessed Pedophile Who Raped Me Is Going To Be Made A Elder Again, Need Help Please!

by Bubblegum Apotheosis 86 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• happy@last
    happy@last

Thank you for the update Bubblegum, I am glad you are forming a plan of action, it shows that you are taking control of this and it not controlling you.

You asked about counselling, when I told of the abuse I suffered I was never told of any counselling, and years later when the pedo was re-instated the elders told us to 'move on'. After I realised that I had fallen into a pattern of thinking how I was going to end my life and planning it all out, I went to my doctor and asked for help, he referred me to a psychologist, which saved my life. I didn't have to give details of what I went through, in fact it would be another 12 years before I was able to tell anyone. Don't be afraid to ask for help.

Thinking of you, keep us posted.

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

"Our procedures have been refined over time. Our policy over the past several years has been that at least twenty years must have passed before an individual who committed an act of child abuse could even be considered for appointment to a responsible position in the congregation, if ever. The Bible teaches that individuals can repent of their sins and "turn to God by doing works that befit repentance," and we accept what the Bible says. (Acts 26:20) Still, the safety of our children is of the utmost importance, so we realize that the local elders must be very careful when recommending individuals who may have been guilty of an act of child abuse in the distant past." -- J.R. Brown (Quote from the Statement that was Faxed from J.R. Brown to Betsan Powys [BBC Panorama Reporter] on May 9th 2002, and was Posted on the Official Watchtower Society Media Website at http://www.jw-media.org right around the same time the BBC Panorama Program aired.)

I have a good memory for what I read. Remembering where I read it is more challenging.

So this quote is from 2002, so it may be superceeded, but it involved internal policy so it may have stayed in effect.

• zeb
    zeb

call the police.

• BroMac
    BroMac

Chop his dick off

• jemba
    jemba

Down the track when you may feel stronger maybe you can sue him and the society for damages and you will be deserving of every cent, take the scum down. I wish the government was more serious about chemical castration for filthy pedophiles.

• jhine
    jhine

bumped

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

The Watchtower is putting this child molester into temptation by making him an elder. He may have refrained from molesting children for many years(or at least not be caught doing it). But now being in a position of trust in the congregation will be tempting him to commit more molestation especially if he is giving private council to young ones about not making Jehovah sad by touching their private parts, and other things sex related.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

JR Brown is talking with a forked weasel tongue:

Beth Hell decides if the congo a pedophile moves to is to be informed or not. If the new elduhs are not told of the crime, how can they take great care to protect the children before they appoint him?

They have the power to decide if somebody is a "KNOWN" pedo in the new congregation.

Yet smoking and drinking info is passed straight along with no problems.

HB

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

Bubblegum I am ready to do ANYTHING required on this. I sent you a PM. We will marshal our efforts and help with this problem Sis!

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

BA,

I am sorry for what you are going through. You need to reel yourself in a bit. I don't say that to be cold, but honestly, you are holding some pretty important cards. I keep on hearing you say they are going to label you insane or mentally incompetant. Well first of all, everyone here has been labeled that by them by default. So you must be in good company. Second, who cares what they label you. You cannot be disfellowshipped for "gossip" by telling people what happened to you and who it was that did it.

The craziest thing about this, is that if for some reason you got disfellowshipped for warning others about this mans behavior, you would have the law suit of all law suits. The branch will not let that happen. If you have this on record, went to the police, and there was a comitte meeting (you said he confessed it right?), then you have all of the ammo.

So now it just depends on what you want to do with it. We here would love for you to make a big splash, tell the media, wait until he is appointed, get the branch involved, and just go nuts on them with your emotions in control and a goal.

But maybe that isn't what is best for you. Maybe you need to make sure he isn't apointed, tell the police what is going on, and be very firm with the brothers. If the elders are coming by asking you if you would be hurt if he was appointed, take their calls and let them in. Tell them yes. Show them stats on these things as being recurring when someone is messing with a child. Explain JW's are already in the news left and right about these things, and why would they be going through such pains to make sure he is in a position where he could do harm?

Don't run from it. Run to it........if you can stand it. If you can't, then find a way to cope, say your peace, and decide what it is you really want. :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit