Is The WTS Building Beth Sarim 2 ?

by metatron 60 Replies latest jw friends

• metatron
    metatron

I continue to puzzle over the future direction the Watchtower is taking. It seems very strange.

Let's review: they are selling everything off in Brooklyn, raking in huge sums from that real estate and building heavily in a fairly isolated part of upstate NY.

Why?

It may be classified as a country club (legally). They may call it an 'educational center' - for who, exactly? They already have plenty of assembly halls to hold their seminars in - so what's going on?

I can see three directions here:

1) They are coldly liquidating the organization and amassing the wealth. This would be strongly supported by all the downsizing of recent years - Bethel layoffs, Gilead wound down, no food service at assemblies, one Awake per month, no subscriptions, magazines cut to 16 pages, Branch offices sold off, many Kingdom Halls sold off and so on.

2) They are attempting to start some sort of community/Bible college. I see this as highly unlikely given that they could already phase in such activities already and fail to do so. They could train pioneers in IT or union/industrial craft stuff but instead simply beat the drums against education.

3) They could be fanaticizing about building facilties for use after Armageddon. That seems pretty wacky.

I think they could be doing a combination of 1 and 3 in which the thought of "3" provides cover for the cynical and cruel truth of number 1.

Please correct me if you have evidence otherwise.

metatron

• St George of England
    St George of England

I personally think it is a BETH SHAN II.

Out in the sticks, self-sufficient, underground carpark bomb shelter.

George

• wasblind
    wasblind

Doomsday Preppers

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas

I believe it is being done for several reasons, the main two I will list here.

The properties are just worth too much to be running factories and housing Bethelites in. It's like San Quentin Prison. That property alone is worth millions if they just tore the prison down. Developers would be tripping over one another to build condos on such prime bayfront property. A new prison could be built in a much more remote location on land that is insanely cheap. CT Russell moved to Brooklyn to put an international stamp on his movement. That has already been achieved, and nowadays in the information age you don't necessarily need to be running things out of a huge metropolis to get noticed. The cost of living is much cheaper where they are headed to. Straight up business decision.

For all their apocalyptic rants about the Great Tribulation and Armageddon, New York is the last place I would want to be if I believed what they believed.

• JeffT
    JeffT

Regarding point one: they are not liquidating anything by selling one property and buying another. There is a clear paper trial between the two, meaning that claims against the WTBS can follow them to the new place.

Incidently, the upstate properties are hardly "isolated." Both Ramapo and Wallkill are less than a hundred miles from NYC.

I think this is just another piece of an overall downsizing and reduction in cost. Or would be interesting if they start their own Bible College there. It would be a way to snag some of the eighteen year olds that want to get out of the org. They could go to Watchtower College instead, maybe get a "degree" in pioneering, circuit work or overseas missionary service.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

I like all of your thinking.

Rutherford was like an "Elmer Gantry" with his womanizing and boozing. Moving him out, to his over 100 acre Country Estate in San Diego, was mostly to get him away from The Corperate Business in NY and his unchristian lifestyle. Oh, religious hypocricy , you gotta love it. lol

What is different today?

The Crazy 8's in Brooklyn are living high on the backs of the little people, too. They are living high on the hog. They have fooled millions of people to listen to their 'Pied Piper' ideals , 'Listen, Obey and Get Screwed'... So far, it seems to be working for them. lol

They tell you, not to get an education. They don't have an education, and look where they will be living Jan 2017, their Lakeside Country Estate (only 100 miles away from NYC as one poster mentioned) that they have tricked millions of people into paying for and building for them. Emphasis on their. They own it. They own everything. They control everything. You work for them for free, and they benefit greatly. lol

What do you get?

You get to spend your LIFE as a smiling DRONE, thinking you are holding a winning lottery ticket... to the promised, NEXT life. lol

The Crazy (like foxes) 8's in Brooklyn are no better or worse than Rutherford and HIS Beth Sarim. These self appointed, better than everyone else, sanctimonious a$$es, are making sure, they have the best life possible... now . lol

Rutherford got away with it.

These Crazy like Foxes, think ahead, to their future. They have a great business, emphasis on business, plan. They are quite good at flipping and selling, and when you add a religion to it, it is all tax free.

They have planned their life well, as Rutherford did.

The question is, have you?

Just Lois

• Chaserious
    Chaserious

There is a clear paper trial between the two, meaning that claims against the WTBS can follow them to the new place.

While I don't think the purpose of the move is to liquidate (at least in the sense of concealing assets), only past claims will follow them to the new place via a "paper trail." In theory, the proceeds from the Brooklyn sales could be transferred to other entities or otherwise disposed of such that they are not available to pay future claims that may arise. I do think liquidating the real estate to free it to invest might be part of the motivation, as Las Malvinas suggested. If you can sell Brooklyn for $1B and build the new compound for $200M (give or take), you might as well free up the other ~$800M to invest and earn income on. Being near cargo ports doesn't matter any longer.

• insearchoftruth4
    insearchoftruth4

There's got to be a way to stop these Fuckers!!

insot4

• designs
    designs

Are they adding a cellar for wine, whiskey, and beer.

• JeffT
    JeffT

Transferring assets to avoid creditors or potential creditors is against the law, and it won't work if there is ANY connection between the new holder of the money and the WTBS or its affliates. The only way out of that kind of liability would be to dissolve the WTBS and give the money to some other non-profit organization. And officers of the WTBS could not serve or receive pay from those entities.

I'm not a lawyer, but I don't think this is a workable plan for avoiding lawsuits etc.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit