Is The WTS Building Beth Sarim 2 ?

by metatron 60 Replies latest jw friends

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Didn't someone post a few weeks back about seeing the blueprints, and described extensive underground structures and tunnels? I can't find it anymore.

Assuming that report was accurate (and that I didn't imagine it), it seems pretty obvious to me what they're doing.

They're consolidating their assets in anticipation of a downturn in membership and revenue flow, they're moving to an isolated semi-rural location to reduce their public profile, and they're building a place to button up and hide because they really do believe that the Big A is immenent and/or it's all going to shit (whilst feeding the R&F some weird-ass "impractical from a human standpoint" instructions like, oh, I dunno, going "underground" and awaiting "special" instructions, or somesuch).

Yes, the GB use propaganda and are aware of it; yes, they know that most of the things they teach are flat-out wrong, but in spite of all that, they are still - from every insider report we've heard - full-on True Believers; they have to be.

Why?

Because if they aren't the "True Religion", if it isn't God's Earthly organization, if the the GB aren't the "Faithful and Discreet Slave", if the near-extinction of the human species isn't impending (and even if it was, dutiful Jehovah's Witnesses wouldn't be the only survivors), than the entire Watch Tower Society is fundamentally worthless.

And that is unacceptable to them, because without the WTS, they are nothing.

Think like the enemy.

If we were True-Believing authoritarian leaders in an apocalyptic high-control religion currently worth billions, but facing multiple lawsuits, dwindling revenue flow, plateauing and apathetic membership, and the End of the World stubbornly refusing to come, this is probably what we'd do.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

It seems to me that the printing business can no longer sustain a profit for the WT corporation, and the current way they can generate capital is building and selling real estate. We see them gearring down from the printing business and now using free labor to build, build, build, then sell, sell, sell, they are trying to keep the corporation profitable with free labor and increased begging for money from the rank and file. Ecconomic considerations rule this corporation thru out but they must keep this hidden from the rank and file so that they don't see the man behind curtain so to speak and make it look like something else like: Kingdom interest, or some such scam.

Vidot,

They at a level just below conscious know it's a scam, but to be convincing(avoid detection with disasterous results) both to fellow GB members and the rank and file,, so to be most effective they have to believe most of what they do is really for Jehovah as his representatives. Self-deception is a genetic trait we humans have inhereted, because it helps to keep deciever from giving away the deception with appropriate body language and other responceses so that beleiving the lie helps make it more automatic and beleivable.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-deception

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    frankiespeakin - "Self-deception is a genetic trait we humans have inhereted..."

Yeah; it's ironic when a skill we achieved by means of evolution is being utilized to the fullest by people who refuse to accept evolution.

frankiespeakin - "...to avoid detection with disasterous results, both to fellow GB members and the rank and file..."

Yeah, that's a huge part of it.

It's why I think nobody's dared to try and skip town with embezzled funds (yet)... it would raise too many red flags.

• Narcissistic Supply
    Narcissistic Supply

Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

• metatron
    metatron

I think they will use the gonzo surplus cash for a new kind of swimming pool.

metatron

• insearchoftruth4
  • Narcissistic Supply
    Narcissistic Supply

>>> extensive underground structures and tunnels? <<<

That would be friggin awesome. Even the whitehouse and congress have underground tunnels. These GB rockstars can't be outdone by the federal government.

• VM44
    VM44

Some tunnels are shown in this map of warwick site plan.

• heathen
    heathen

looks like someone made an offer they coudn't refuse , I've heard that they are reinvesting big time in brooklyn so it may be the state was threatening imminent domain on them and they decided to take what the could . Getting out of the city would be a good thing I would imagine , they apparently couldn't pull an insurance scam like silverstein did with the WTC where they can claim multiple times .

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Hmm.

Interesting that the Visitor's Parking seems so small compared to the rest of the place.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit