Is The WTS Building Beth Sarim 2 ?

by metatron 60 Replies latest jw friends

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

interesting theories and this thread is saved, the secret money men who really control the WTS are the hasidic Jewish groups and the faceless other groups that that control the Legal Dept of the WTS will make an absolute fortune in the coming years in the profit that will be made to the developers of the real estate that has been sold.

• metatron
    metatron

I wouldn't get too excited about tunnels. They used tunnels between the Brooklyn buildings to haul laundry around without having to go outside.

If any Hasidic types are behind the Legal Dept., I'd like to see proof. OTOH, I will keep pointing out that the Watchtower appears to be building in or near an area with Ultra-Orthodox dominance. There are areas of upstate NY that I would not drive thru as an outsider.

I do theorize that the Society is locating there partly because these insular fanatical Jewish groups are nearly untouchable in some of these areas. They control the local police and government. This is not widely known but once was the subject of a "Law And Order SVU" episode. By locating there, they hope that if persecution or TAXATION comes about, they will be overlooked along with the Hasidic types, who will be utterly uncooperative with outside government officials.

metatron

• bytheirworks
    bytheirworks

maybe the GB is planning their escape
  • Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I didn't know there were Hassidic communities in "upstate" NY. (I'm a native NuYawka.)

These guys concern me more: http://creepingsharia.wordpress.com/2010/04/05/militant-muslims-at-islamville-ny-are-rebranding/

But most of the GB don't go door-to-door, and bethelites can buy a dispensation because they serve god with every breath. (Right?)

The comment by Jim_TX about isolating the bethel boys is an interesting one - anyone in any NYC congregation has heard the stories about the various recreational difficulties some of the boys have gotten into. Will the WTB&TS be raising their own sheep? I hear wedding bells!

• metatron
    metatron

The ultra-Orthodox and their rural communities in upstate NY is one of those politically incorrect subjects you never hear about. You have huge billboards along the main highways showing young boys with curly sidelocks and Lubavichter ads. Along the border with NJ, it can be a revelation to see some guy at a newsstand flipping thru Playboy while dressed in tefillim.

Try driving thru Loch Sheldrake and see if you don't wet your pants thinking about what could happen if your car broke down.

metatron

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Thanks to Google maps I was able to take a virtual stroll down the main road in Loch Sheldrake, and it has a kind of post-apocalyptic "Walking Dead" (TV series) look to it, and there was a synagog, right on the main drag! Did these folks bring a casket-full of their native soil with them when they moved there?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    metatron - "I do theorize that the Society is locating there partly because these insular fanatical Jewish groups are nearly untouchable in some of these areas. They control the local police and government. This is not widely known but once was the subject of a "Law And Order SVU" episode. By locating there, they hope that if persecution or TAXATION comes about, they will be overlooked along with the Hasidic types, who will be utterly uncooperative with outside government officials."

That's interesting; I didn't know that.

Ten years ago if I'd heard that suggestion, I would have thought that there was no way in hell the WTS would play ball with another group in the way you're describing. These days, of course, I find it far more plausible.

It could be coincidence, of course, but it would dovetail nicely with their promise not to prosyletize in the Warwick area in exchange for prompt municipal rezoning and design approval.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

I asgree with the lawyer control, completely. I also wonder if this new complex isn't being also built to create total and complete control over all the areas, think big brother, where they could catch moles etc leaking out information.

• Richard_I
    Richard_I

Kind of on-topic: did they finish all the renovations at Wallkill? I took this pic a few years back and just noticed the sign says the renovations were to be finished by 2012.

Also these were the shacks the temp workers were to stay in i believe.

i got lots more pics too.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I was reading an article about the sell off and the fact that really, the 3000 people who are headed out of Bethel will barely be missed if indeed, missed at all. I knew they were downsizing, but I am reading that they will have 800-1000 at the new site. That is a LOT of downsizing. $200 million for the new place vs the billion+ that they are getting for Brooklyn. . . well, it does beg some inquiry about what they are doing with the rest.

I see them consolidating halls and selling a lot of them. The one I grew up with had one cong, then split when I was 8 or so and later on had 3 congregations. Now they are down to 2 again.My aunt goes to a nearby one(that could be given as a reason that they are now only 2) that had grown to have 5 congregations in it-and will be down to 3 soon with consolidations.

I know they are not growing, and I know they are putting as many cong. as they can in a building,but it seems that they are contracting faster than the uterus of a woman who just gave birth. Like a deflated balloon-so, they can keep selling halls and building newer,nicer ones in the states and making them more inconvenient as to time and location. Further decreasing the reasons to go,no matter how pretty it is. Then they empty, get sold. . . .do they even NEED the congregations to grow anymore? They have so much money, they could run an increasingly small organization on the income from the present congregations (and sales of KH's) without ever touching their capital! They could say any kind of crap (and clearly are doing so) and STILL the sheep follow them loyally. They could do this until literally the end of time, have basically NO JWs left but the ones at Warwick/Tuxedo and they could just live however they pleased and do what they pleased as the org just dwindles into further obscurity. Think "Shakers". There'sabout 3 of them left. It will take longer for the WT movement to die off entirely, but I think it is headed in the same direction as the Shakers, only with much uglier furniture.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit