Letter From My Mother: Moire insane Watchtower Rhetoric

by confusedandalone 50 Replies latest jw experiences

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Sad.

Were you counseled by someone <My Name Removed> because of a shortcoming and resented the counsel? Could you perhaps, have something in your home hindering Jehovah’s spirit? Or, could your thyroid have affected your reasoning?

They can never accept that you just started thinking for yourself.

• Narcissistic Supply
    Narcissistic Supply

It's better to be Pissed OFF than Pissed On....!!!

• Bella15
    Bella15

Okay, it is almost 11pm in Houston and I laughed so hard at the margaritas glasses comment that I awoke my son who came to check on me...that's so funny but we all used to think that way.

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

C&A - ug & Wow. We enjoy your threads, but are so sorry for all the drama you are suffering.

Sometimes I think the huge western settlement of America was due more to kids fleeing east coast Puritanical Religious nut parents than free land.

I have friends that have SOUGHT job relocations to the opposite coast to get away from such "loving families" !

Hang-in.

• Narcissistic Supply
  • Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Hey Confused, what a bunch of manipulative nonsense your mum throws up. I don't really know what to say that hasn't already been said. Your mother really backhands you and the wife doesn't she? If I were you, I wouldn't respond and just talk to her like you never read it. Don't give her any ammunition. Also you'd be wasting your time. She has to accept your choice but she probably won't.

Also, thanks for sharing. This is all very interesting.

• besty
    besty

Dear Mum

I think we can both agree I do have a conscience. Where we may disagree is who owns my conscience. In your world view my conscience is only a reliable guide if it helps me conform to Bible (Watchower Society) rules. In my world view every human, regardless of race or religion, has the capacity to exercise their individual or collective conscience to beneficial effect.

For informed reasons of fact and therefore for conscience reasons I can longer associate myself with the Watchtower religion. Now you may choose to ascribe my choice to other factors eg a thyroid imbalance or demon-possesed objects in my home, but I can assure you my decision is purely rational. Some examples of these facts ( something that has really occurred or is actually the case) include:

• The Watchtower has re-written their own history for favourable effect
    • The Watchtower 2 witness rule and organizational need for secrecy in judicial matters for pedophiles tends to protect the abuser
    • The capricious Watchtower blood fraction policy is responsible for thousands of dead JW's
    • Jerusalem was destroyed in 587BCE
    • YHWH does not appear in the oldest extant copies of the New Testament

These are indisputable facts. Not points of doctrine or my opinion. I hope this clears up any confusion. Please allow me to exercise my conscience, as I do you.

When the kids are old enough to understand religious intolerance issues you can explain your behaviour in person.

Kind regards

Sonny Jim.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Demon possessed Margarita glasses! Classic!

Evil Spirits

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

C&A,

Sorry you are having to go through all of this. One question... she went to TWO conventions? I thought that was discouraged - or at least it was years ago.

Did she REALLY need to go twice? Perhaps because she didn't listen the first time?

Sorry - I can't remember any of the rest of her letter... it kinda went like... blah... blah... blah...

Oh. And if you choose to reply to her drivel, the best response is a generic one-liner. It must have taken her many many hours of typing and 'research' to get her e-mail (or letter) written. When you respond with a simple...

'oh. Okay. Thanks for your letter.'

...type of response, it kinda throws them. They are expecting a 'fight' or a rebuttal. Don't give it to her.

Regards,

Jim TX

• BU2B
    BU2B

Wow outsmart the system! That was quite the response.. A JW cant really refute what is said there. Excellent.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit