Letter From My Mother: Moire insane Watchtower Rhetoric

by confusedandalone 50 Replies latest jw experiences

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

LOL!!@confusedandalone!!..

Years ago..

I used to get JW`s I had Never Met,come into my shop..

Ask me if I was OUTLAW..

Then start grilling me about why I left..

Thanks Mom!..

Finally I started telling them it was`nt me..

They`d look confused and leave..

Now Mom looked Crazy..

Your Welcome Mom!..

...................  photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• mind blown
    mind blown

that's all fine and dandy.....(mom)...learing is great.....but a what cost? You mean people who have lost family or commited sucide for foreseeing doctrine change before the GB, only to get DF'd and the GB later change to that doctrine? Or. Ones who have died that are now able to partake in blood fractions. Or. Do you meanlying to the masses with one doctrine, only to change it later to another. Or. Learing the U.N. is the horrible wild beast, only for the GB to be in bed with it? Or. Is it finding out thousands of beautiful, innocent, children are being molested because of an outdated rule (stoning 4 one) which is really ment for adults?

• caliber
    caliber

His provision of spiritual food, our brotherhood…….and counsel that helps us to be better people. We have much to thank Jehovah for.

translation... why don't you feel guilty for not being at the convention.... you're not being a thankful person

There were talks at the convention about forgiveness and there was a symposium about apostasy. They greatly affected me & if you both were privileged to attend, I’m sure they had an impact on you, also. If you missed, please try to attend….don’t allow anything to prevent you.

I took offense at your response to my last correspondence and then promptly dismissed you from my mind. That was wrong. As we’re directed in Matthew 18:15, I should have responded promptly so that any misunderstanding could be corrected and I could “gain my sister"

tranlation... because of the instructions at the convention and of course my love for you ,I must reach out to you in forgiveness... even though you are the one at fault

for having apostate leanings

d; 4 that they may recall the young women to their senses.” As an older woman, as a spiritual mother, Jehovah expects me to reach out and assist my younger sisters, daughters

translation ......your wife is being a senseless one, I am the older spiritual one ... so why be angry with me ?

A point that needs to be corrected at this stage…….never, did I mention your mother or sisters in a derogatory way in my letters. What was said is … “Those two sweethearts deserve to be able to experience loving grandparents. Especially grandparents that love and serve Jehovah. The scriptures help us appreciate the danger of bad association, no matter if it's an associate or family member. You take them to visit with worldly relatives at holiday time but don't want them to visit with grandparents and cousins that love and worship Jehovah?”

never did I speak of your side of the family in a derogatory manner , I just inferred it... why would you celebrate pagan ho;idays with "worldly relatives " when they are slated for death

and we are lovers of the only true God (organization ) ? just because I infer that your children will die soon for not serving Jah ... why are you so angry with me ?

With the information we received, we are being helped to see that incidents such as these are happening more and more because the devil is angry, his time is short and he wants to cause division between us and Jehovah as well as separate us from each other

you're a lovely person ... maybe it's just the devils fault for blinding you

I’m so thankful to Jehovah that <My Sisters Name Removed> finally made the truth her own. I don’t want to pray that about you <My Name Removed>. I want us all to be together in paradise. How will I tell Mom that you left Jehovah’s organization?

maybe health troubles are distorting your thinking... if not why can't you be like your sister , she finally came back ?

do you want to sadden me for trying to explain to my mother why you are not in the paradice earth with us ?

symposium on apostasy. I wish you would come listen to it. (from my notes & recorder)….For human apostates 1 John 2:19 shows that apostates come from among us. Usually they take a stand against the organization because they have been counseled about something. As a result, they pridefully resent the counsel, become bitter and jealous and in the end, reject the counsel. They reject Jehovah’s service, field ministry and don’t try to make disciples, rather they try to draw away disciples of Jesus. As a result the scriptures tell us to avoid them. Romans 16:17,18 “Now I exhort YOU, brothers, to keep your eye on those who cause divisions and occasions for stumbling contrary to the teaching that YOU have learned, and avoid them

Tranlation....You are really fortunate I am even trying to speak to me we are to avoid apostates !! What is the cause of your attitude troubles anyway ?

Could you perhaps, have something in your home hindering Jehovah’s spirit? Or, could your thyroid have affected your reasoning? Don’t reject that thought because an unbalanced thyroid

translation...you're maybe unbalanced because of your thyroid

ask Jehovah to remove this thinking from your heart and mind

Let Jehovah into your heart and mind.

Translation....If you leave the KH you have left Jah because God does live in man-made temples

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

confusedandalone:

I am sorry for what you are going through and I still feel that because you are a brother and an elder that all this focus is on you. They do not want to lose you and are acting like a dog with a bone they do not want to give up.

I am curious: are your parents computer literate? Are they the types who would write something long-winded like this? I cannot help but wonder if they were put up to this whole thing and have had lots of help from people in the hall.

Never mind all the "spiritual" mumbo jumbo. I still think that their desire for financial aid looms large and is probably at the bottom of all this.

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

My mom is a serious typer. She can never express herself verbally but has always written letters...

It scares people that an elder leaves... something about it makes them feel so unsure of themselves

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Ugh!

Sorry you have to go thru this.

• nugget
    nugget

So sorry. Your mother's letter was a complete watchtower manipulation with all the usual rhetoric. She wants you to come back into line and is concerned about your not spending time with them. She blames other people for the distance between you but fails to appreciate that it is her religion and the rules she is enforcing that cause the distance. If you were allowed to be true to yourself and she was allowed to accept that you have an alternative viewpoint then there would be no conflict. It is precisely because they are trying to enforce a paradigm where everyone has to believe the same thing that there is a problem.

In a normal family you accept that others have a different perspective and you may not agree with it but you love them just the same. You can still visit and be assured of acceptance since love isn't conditional on belonging to a specific religion or viewpoint. She is incapable at the moment of considering another perspective.

• cofty
    cofty

Thank you for sharing these. I am sorry you have to endure this manipulative behaviour.

Best wishes.

• wheelwithinwheel
    wheelwithinwheel

Your mom's letter sounds like something mine has said or written, time after time. So very sad. And there is absolutely no reasoning possible because you, my friend, are wrong. And your mom is right. And you have a bad thyroid.

If you are determined to go out in a blaze, why not dress appropriately, stand up, ask for everyone's attention and read your da letter yourself.

We all feel for you, your wife and kids.

Wheels

• JakeM2012
    JakeM2012

Confused and alone, I feel for you, manly hugs and I'll buy you a beer.

After reading your post for the last month or so I am happy that I have no contact with my still active family in the "truth", and I'm not disassociated or disfellowshipped. Not bragging. It took me some time to adjust, but now I'm very content. I should have left when I was 18 years old and saved myself the trouble and mess.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit