Upcoming KM!! Why we are not False Prophets!

by DATA-DOG 100 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Joliette
    Joliette

Of course its not them! Its satan! Apostates: satan. We are not false prophets, satan is deceiving you. The media says were a cult: its satan. Children abused: its satan. Jehobo will clear the matter in due time. Noo liiiight. Its always satan! Cause Jehobo the loser bully god is allowing satan to exist and he has to prove a point, whatever the hell that means!!!!

• Sapphy
    Sapphy

If you have to have an item discussing "Why we are not false prophets" then maybe you need to take a look at yourselves...

Buddists "Why we don't encourage shaved heads and orange robes"

Roman Catholics "Why our hierarchy is not designed to enable cover ups"

etc etc

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Here is an excellent argument : http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20111007072927AAp8O9l

"But the path of the righteous ones is like the bright light that is getting lighter and lighter until the day is firmly established." Proverbs 4:18
    "The Bible tells us the light would get brighter".

The main justification from the Watchtower for changed doctrine is Proverbs 4:18:

"But the path of the righteous ones is like the bright light that is getting lighter and lighter until the day is firmly established."

Proverbs 4 is discussing that righteous people fare better than the wicked. But let us entertain the idea that within this Scripture is a prophetic meaning that Jehovah progressively reveals truth to his people at the time of the end. This concept cannot apply to Watchtower history, as Watchtower doctrine has not refined but changed. Consider whether the following change is really a matter of doctrinal light getting lighter:

It has regularly been the case that Watchtower doctrine is not illuminated but eclipsed. It was not increasing light that dictated:

The Bible explains that the meaning of some truths were to be understood later. This did not allow for Jehovah directing his people with falsehood.

John 16:13 "However, when that one arrives, the spirit of the truth, he will guide YOU into all the truth, for he will not speak of his own impulse, but what things he hears he will speak, and he will declare to YOU the things coming."

At John 16:13, Jesus was referring to the outpouring of the Holy Spirit at Pentecost. Jesus did not refer to partial or incorrect truth; the Spirit would reveal truth, including "things coming". As discussed in the section on dates, the Watchtower Society has had a 100% failure rate in predicting things "coming".

Rather than indicate that doctrine would get brighter or change, the Bible warns against anyone that promotes false doctrine.

1 John 4:1 "Beloved ones, do not believe every inspired expression, but test the inspired expressions to see whether they originate with God, because many false prophets have gone forth into the world."

Watchtower Justification for Doctrinal Error

Proverbs 4:18 is the primary justification for why much of early Watchtower doctrine has changed and continues to change. There are additional lines of reasoning that are invoked, but each is equally insipid.
    Apostles Made Mistakes

The Watchtower justifies errors through comparison with the Apostles and the mistakes that they made.

"Like the apostles of Jesus Christ, they have at times had some wrong expectations." Reasoning from the Scriptures p.136

In a similar vein, I regularly receive emails from Witnesses that God used Moses, Abraham, David and other kings, priests and prophets to lead his people, even though they were sinners.

Rather than suggesting that Apostles made mistakes ask "What percentage of the Apostles writings in the Bible are wrong?" Zero percent. "What percentage of Watchtower statements has been wrong?" The difference being, the Apostles were directed by God, the Governing Body is not.

Additional Watchtower justification for incorrect interpretations is to attribute them to eagerness. People that criticise this righteous eagerness are negatively trying to divert people from the importance of the times.

"It is easy for the established churches of Christendom and other people to criticize Jehovah's Witnesses because their publications have, at times, stated that certain things could take place on certain dates. Have they not, rather, encouraged spiritual sluggishness by considering expectation of "the end" to be "meaningless" or "an insignificant myth"? Have apostates promoted Christian alertness? Have they not, rather, induced spiritual sleepiness?" Watchtower 1984 Dec 1 p.18

"Jehovah's Witnesses, in their eagerness for Jesus' second coming, have suggested dates that turned out to be incorrect." Awake! 1993 Mar 22 p.4

To be eager does not justify being totally wrong.
    Proverbs 4:18 was not intended to be prophetic indication that God gradually reveals truth to the Watchtower Society. Rather than extract a sentence, when taken in entirety the context of Proverbs chapter 4 is a comparison of behaviour between good and bad people, not the dispensing of doctrinal truth through an organization. The surrounding verses say:

Does Jehovah's direction include falsehoods

The Watchtower Society did not originate the concept of excusing failed predictions as "new light". Barbour had used this concept to justify why the end did not arrive as predicted in 1874. Religions claiming to have all the answers consistently prove to be wrong. The Watchtower reliance on the "new light" doctrine is no more than an excuse to justify inaccuracies. "New light" is an unhealthy concept that promotes blind, unquestioning devotion to an earthly Organization.

Deuteronomy 18:20 - 22 provides a foolproof way to determine if words spoken have come from God:

Source(s):

"However, the prophet who presumes to speak in my name a word that I have not commanded him to speak or who speaks in the name of other gods, that prophet must die. And in case you should say in your heart: "How shall we know the word that Jehovah has not spoken?" when the prophet speaks in the name of Jehovah and the word does not occur or come true, that is the word that Jehovah did not speak. With presumptuousness the prophet spoke it."

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

marking

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

And this quote is WT's justification for speculating and setting false dates:

"It is easy for the established churches of Christendom and other people to criticize Jehovah's Witnesses because their publications have, at times, stated that certain things could take place on certain dates. Have they not, rather, encouraged spiritual sluggishness by considering expectation of "the end" to be "meaningless" or "an insignificant myth"? Have apostates promoted Christian alertness? Have they not, rather, induced spiritual sleepiness?" -Watchtower 1984 Dec 1 p.18

In other words, teaching lies is acceptable as long as it keeps JWs busy and "alert".

One other point: Note that when things go wrong suddenly it's not Watchtower's responsibility, as "god's sole channel of communication on earth", it's ALL Jehovah's Witnesses and "their publications" that had a hand in it.

Even though Jehovah's Witnesses have absolutely no say whatsoever as to WT literature content or organizational doctrines and policies WT predictably blames ALL JWs for the errors.

When there's something to brag about: Watchtower did it.

When things go off the rails: Jehovah's Witnesses did it.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

ADCMS, you are right. After all, there is no network of anointed ones! The GB does not consult with the remnant of the 144,000. So when their prognostications fail, and they say " we ", do they have a mouse in their pocket? Last time I checked the GB were the ones with a 80 point inspection list for WT and Awake articles.

http://www.towerwatch.com/Witnesses/Prophecies/failed_prophecies.htm

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

OOOOHHH!! Here is one I never thought about! This is sooo fun!!!

http://www.towertotruth.net/falseprop.htm

Watchtower Repeats False Prophecy!

Home

Jehovah's Witnesses

Articles

Witnessing Tips

Dialogue

Mormonism

Audio

Testimonies

Other Groups

Apologetics

Contact Us

Links

Often, when confronted with the many prophetic failures of the Watchtower Society, a loyal Jehovah's Witness will respond by saying that even though the Watchtower has made mistakes in the past, it has corrected its errors and learned from them. But, has the Watchtower learned from its past mistakes? It's shocking to read that in the May 1, 1999, Watchtower, the Society repeated the same false prophecy regarding the end of this system that it made in 1920.

Looking back to 1920, Judge Rutherford, the 2nd president of the Watchtower Society, published a book entitled, Millions Now Living Will Never Die. In it he predicted that millions who were then alive on the earth would be living in 1925 to see the end of this present system and the bodily resurrection of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and many other Old Testament saints. Here are 2 quotes from this book:

"The emphatic announcement that millions now living on earth will never die must seem presumptuous to many people; but when the evidence is carefully considered I believe that almost every fair mind will concede that the conclusion is a reasonable one"." p.5

""...the old order of things....is ending and is therefore passing away...and that 1925 will mark the resurrection of the faithful worthies of old....it is reasonable to conclude that millions of people now on earth will still be on earth in 1925. Then....we must reach the positive and indisputable conclusion that millions now living will never die"." p.97

The Watchtower magazines continually promoted the year 1925 as the end, even announcing that it was a year more clearly marked in scripture than the year 1914. But, obviously, the world did not end in 1925, and since then many millions of people living on earth have died.

A New Promise

Did the Watchtower learn from this mistake? You be the judge as I read the following quote from the May 1, 1999, Watchtower.

""Yes, it is true, as the apostle Paul says, that "all creation keeps on groaning together and being in pain together until now"-but not for much longer. Millions now living (underline ours) will see the "restoration of all things of which God spoke through the mouth of his holy prophets of old time," including a restoration of peace, freedom, and justice to the whole human family."" p.7

Did you see that this is exactly the same promise made in the 1920's that "millions now living will never die"? Since this prophecy proved false in the past, why should anyone put their hope in it now? Jesus repeatedly warned His followers to beware of false prophets who will arise in the last days deceiving many (Matthew 24). Don't be fooled by a lie. Jesus never said to follow an organization but said, "Follow Me". Will you continue to put your trust in a man-made religion that continues to stumble over its own errors, or will you do what God requires and put your faith in His Son (John 6:28,29)? Although the Watchtower sets itself up as a Messiah class, stating that all must come to Jehovah through its Organization, Jesus, in contrast, said, "I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me" (John 14:6). Won't you come to Jesus today with a repentant heart and receive the free gift of everlasting life?

• JakeM2012
    JakeM2012

Marking

• mouthy
    mouthy

Data Dog!!!!! Thanks for that. The testimonies i saw & heard them at the Witnesses For Jesus Convention. I think mine is included in those
    testimonies. After i got home I had many JW call & We started a support group Over 800 in the end contacted us.

• Quendi
    Quendi

I especially appreciate the reminder given above of Christ’s own words. He commanded, “Follow me.” He also said, “I am the way, the truth and the life.” But those words are seldom heard in a kingdom hall or found in printed WTS literature. Instead, the Governing Body has dethroned Christ and put itself in his place. Most Witnesses don’t see or want to see this simple truth. That is most unfortunate as the loss is their own.

Quendi

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit