Upcoming KM!! Why we are not False Prophets!

by DATA-DOG 100 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wasblind
    wasblind

Why we are not False Prophets ! LOL

DATA DOG

The Reasoning from the Scriptures book backs up the infamous 1984 WT mag

" Before the last members of the generation that was alive in 1914 will have passed off the scene, all of the things foretold will occur, including the great tribulation"_____Reasoning Book page 97

Jehovah's witnesses

(8) Last days : They believe that we are living now, scince 1914, in the last days of this wicked system of things ; that some who saw the events of 1914 will also see the complete destruction of the present wicked world "_____Reasoning Book page 200

" The present wicked system of things, which extended worldwide, entered it's last days in 1914, and some of the generation alive thenwill also be on hand to witness it's complete end in the great tribulation"____Reasonong book page 234

" The generation that was alive at the begining of the fulfillment of the sign in 1914 is now well along in years. The time remaining must be very short " ______Reasoning book page 239

Don't sound like no Overlappin' generation to me

" If any individual or organization claim to represent God but to decline to use God's personal name, and make it a practice to express thier own opinions on matters, are they measuring up to this important qualification of a true prophet ?____Reasoning book page 133

LOL , On page 133 in the Reasoning book Jehovah's Witnesses solidify themselves as False prophets

because like Hananiah the false prophet

#1 They told what became falsehoods in jehovah's name

#2 they claim what they teach is not from men but from Jehovah

#3 and none of it came true

" Thus what is taught is not from men but from Jehovah "____Sept 15 2010 Wt para 8 pg 13

Here's an extra tidbit for the lurkers who are still active

Look under the headin' of False Prophets in the Reasoning book

Ask yourself this

Why did the WTS deliberately leave out Duet 18:21-22 outta that entire chapter ???????

I'll tell you why

Because it describes the WTS and the sheep who go D2D, That's why

Poor Hananiah the false prophet he reached for the wrong light. and reached for a BUDWIESER instead

• mouthy
    mouthy

Great post !!!

Oh Neonmadman!!!!!!!!I cant go this year ...Your gonna be great!!!!I wish all on this site
    could attend "Witnesses Now For Jesus" Convention.many who go there for the first time ,still think JWs
    are right( Like I thought when I first went there in 1989)but after all the testimon's they then learn that
    even though many of the JW are lovely folk,they have given their minds over to the false prophet.

My kids are still JWS,mustnt talk to me their Mother, Granny, great granny because I didnt see Jesus
    come invisably in 1914 as they at ONE TIME TAUGHT!!!!!

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Sep 15/2010 WT par 8, pg 13:

" 8. Similarly today, a Governing Body composed of spirit-anointed Christians contributes to the unity of the worldwide congregation. The Governing Body publishes spiritually encouraging literature in many languages. This spiritual food is based on God's Word. Thus, what is taught is not from men but from Jehovah.-Isa. 54:13."

Thanks Wasblind!! That is a doozy!! So who is to blame when something is wrong for 100+ years? Yes, they totally leave out Deut 21-22! Also, look at this red herring, " If any individual or organization claim to represent God but to decline to use God's personal name, and make it a practice to express thier own opinions on matters, are they measuring up to this important qualification of a true prophet?"

What about using God's "name" and STILL making it a practice to express their own opinions on matters?!! Here are some more great links!

http://www.jwstruggle.com/2012/07/jehovah-god-is-the-grand-identifier-of-his-true-messengers-re-post/ Here is an excerpt from the article.

The following quotes were published in the May 1, 1997 Watchtower:

"JEHOVAH GOD is the Grand Identifier of his true messengers. He identifies them by making the messages he delivers through them come true. Jehovah is also the Great Exposer of false messengers. How does he expose them? He frustrates their signs and predictions. In this way he shows that they are self-appointed prognosticators, whose messages really spring from their own false reasoning-yes, their foolish, fleshly thinking!"

Another fine link!! http://www.jwstruggle.com/2011/06/a-review-of-the-societys-prophetic-record/

And another!! http://www.jwstruggle.com/2011/08/hananiah-shemaiah-and-the-watchtower-society/

The hits keep comin' !!!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Julia Orwell - "The WTS seems to be in damage control mode atm with this article..."

These days, the WTS seems to be in damage control mode with every f**king thing they publish, orally or in print.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Jehovah's Witnesses do not claim to be inspired prophets..

It`s a Strawman..

Build a fictious arguement,then tear it down..

The WBT$ makes the Claims,then spotlights JW`s..

The WBT$ throws JW`s under the Bus all the Time..

Whats the Big Deal?!..

.......................... photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• wasblind
    wasblind

Food at the proper time for Apostates

• whathappened
    whathappened

Love this thread...thanks everyone for your participation.

• Ding
    Ding

1. Then there is no such thing as a false prophet because anyone can make the same excuses.

2. The disciples asking Jesus if he was about to restore the kingdom to Israel is far different than claiming to speak for Jehovah and announcing specific dates, as the WTS has done many times.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

I love this from the link that was posted. It is a huge list but this caught my eye.

"The true God, who is himself 'the God of truth' and who hates lies, will not look with favor on persons who cling to organizations that teach falsehood. And, really, would you want to be even associated with a religion that had not been honest with you?" {ITLA 46}

lol lo lol lol

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

1. Then there is no such thing as a false prophet because anyone can make the same excuses.

2. The disciples asking Jesus if he was about to restore the kingdom to Israel is far different than claiming to speak for Jehovah and announcing specific dates, as the WTS has done many times.

Point #1 is awesome. If we just make a mistake, or have a wrong expectation and it's all good, why all the judgment? As long as we are sincere and retract our statement later, then it's all good! A half-hearted apology doesn't hurt either!

Point #2. The disciples had an honest question, and it was answered. There is no record of them publishing millions of pamphlets and Df'ing fellow Christians for listening to what Jesus said, instead of their ideas or interpretations.

Another link! http://watchthetower.net/dates.html

"Who is this prophet?... Today they are known as Jehovah's Witnesses.... Of course, it is easy to say that this group acts as a "prophet" of God. It is another thing to prove it. The only way that this can be done is to review the record. What does it show?" (Watchtower, 4/1/72, p.197)"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit