Upcoming KM!! Why we are not False Prophets!

by DATA-DOG 100 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

The trouble is unless the original books & magazines are kept the sheeples will only have the airbrushed CD versions where anything embarrassing to the GB is removed with no reference to what they originally printed.

They prefer the lie to maintain their 'authority'.

They are from their father the original liar.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Heartofaboy:

The trouble is unless the original books & magazines are kept the sheeples will only have the airbrushed CD versions where anything embarrassing to the GB is removed with no reference to what they originally printed.

The text in the CD version of the magazines is no different to what is released in the bound volumes. However, the bound volumes sometimes differ from what was originally published in the first run of the magazine.

The other books on the CD have the same text as the latest printing of the physical book, which sometimes have mundane (e.g. Knowledge) or significant (Revelation) changes from the original printing.

• Splash
    Splash

The other removal of "20th Century" was from the Revelation Climax book:

Changed from: Revelation Climax (1988) chap. 34 p. 246 par. 1

The John class today also wonders with great wonderment as events unfold in fulfillment of the prophetic vision. If people of the world could see it, they would exclaim, ‘Incredible!’ and the world’s rulers would echo, ‘Unthinkable!’ But the vision becomes a startling 20th-century reality.

Changed to: Revelation Climax (1996) chap. 34 p. 246 par. 1

The John class today also wonders with great wonderment as events unfold in fulfillment of the prophetic vision. If people of the world could see it, they would exclaim, ‘Incredible!’ and the world’s rulers would echo, ‘Unthinkable!’ But the vision becomes a startling reality in our day.

Splash

• Splash
    Splash

Regarding being prophets, the GB flip flop over this more than anything.

Recent articles saying JW's ARE prophets include:

Awake 6/8/1986 p.9 - JW's are prophets "You will be interested to learn that God has on earth a people, all of whom are prophets, or witnesses for God. In fact, they are known throughout the world as Jehovah's Witnesses."

w91 9/1 p. 29 par. 20- JW's are prophets

Still, our efforts are never in vain. Why not? Because we are advertising Jehovah’s name and Kingdom. By our preaching and by our very presence, we are warning the wicked. (Ezekiel 33:33) ["And when it comes true—look! it must come true—they will also have to know that a prophet himself had proved to be in the midst of them."]

w98 7/15 p.12 Beware of a Lack of Faith par.15 - JW's are prophets"Paul started his warning with the provisional clause "if you people listen to his own voice." God spoke to his people throughMoses and other prophets. Then, Jehovah spoke to them through his Son, Jesus Christ. (Hebrews 1:1, 2) Today, we have God’s complete inspired Word, the Holy Bible. We also have "the faithful and discreet slave," appointed by Jesus to provide spiritual "food at the proper time." (Matthew 24:45-47) Thus, God is still speaking."

w99 10/1 5 "For Everything There Is an Appointed Time" - The FDS are prophets
    “For the Sovereign Lord Jehovah will not do a thing unless he has revealed his confidential matter to his servants the prophets.” (Amos 3:7) ... For that purpose God has authorized a “faithful and discreet slave” to provide his people with “their [spiritual] food at the proper time.”

w113/15 p. 30 par. 10 - JW's are prophets

"Like the prophet of old, the Jeremiah class has been given an assignment from the Sovereign of the universe. God’s anointed servants are thus duly authorized to make pronouncements worldwide..."

Splash

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Splash:

The other removal of "20th Century" was from the Revelation Climax book:

See http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/156732/1/Revelation-Its-Grand-Climax-Adjusted

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

I stopped preaching because i did not have confidence in the teachings regarding 1914 after the Watchtower Feb 15 1994. In the book 'Jehovah's Witnesses Proclaimers of God's Kingdom' (Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania 1993) pages 12/13 under the heading What It Means to Be a Witness it says

'So a witness relates facts from direct personal knowledge, or he proclaims views or truths of which he is convinced.'

As i was no longer confident or convinced i was no longer able to preach and therefore not able to join with Jehovah's Witnesses in their preaching.

I understood that Jehovah's Witnesses were preaching 'this good news of the kingdom' (Matthew 24:14 NWT) I believe this is part of what is called the Olivet prophecy.

For me I have to look at what i was taught at the time i was baptised and joined witnesses in their preaching in about 1972.

In 1971 the book was published by the Watch Tower 'The Nations Shall Know That I am Jehovah- How?' and on page 62 there is the heading The Modern-Day "Ezekiel" my wife whose book it is noted at the side of the page when she studied it, Remnant since 1918 and on page 66 it says,

'Jehovah has found and commissioned his modern-day "Ezekiel". It is a composit Ezekiel. It is composed of those dedicated, baptised proclaimers of God's kingdom, who have been anointed with His spirit for their work.'

and on page 70

'...the time must come, and that shortly, when whose making up Christendom will know that really a "prophet" of Jehovah was among them.'

This is how i understood it at the time of my baptism

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh so if you shift the goalposts it's ok!

The WTS seems to be in damage control mode atm with this article and the Nov 15 2013 article on following the directions of the Org no matter how cracked.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

Further on in the book The Nations Shall Know That I Am Jehovah-How? there is a chapter The Days Of Christendom Are Numbered on page 99 talking about the destruction of Jerusalem and Ezekiel's prophecy it says,

'But the exactness of the matter proves that Jehovah indeed is a Numberer of Years and that he had fixed in advance the year in which he was to execute his judicial decision to the full upon unfaithful Jerusalem. This is something for the modernday counterpart of unfaithful Jerusalem, namely, Christendom, to take seriously to heart at this late date. Does she realize from examining the Bible that her days are numbered?'

Ezekiel's prophecy was exact and I understood the anointed Jehovah's Witnesses to be the modern day Ezekiel. The same book on page 216 says

'Shortly, within our twentieth century, the "battle in the day of Jehovah" will begin against the modern antitype of Jerusalem, Christendom'

and on page 286

'What a thrilling moment it will be when, during the coming "great tribulation" on this present system of things, the authentic news comes from all around the earth that the antitypical Jerusalem, Christendom , as fallen at the hands of Jehovah's executional forces! This will be a vindication of the modern-day Ezekiel class, to authenticate that they have not been a false prophet but have been a faithful "watchman" class in sounding out Jehovah's warnings to Christendom'

In Matthew 24 it says,

For false Christs and false prophets will arise and will give great signs and wonders so as to mislead, if possible, even the chosen ones. Look! I have forewarned you. Therefore , if people say to you, 'Look! He is in the wilderness, do not go out, Look! He is in the inner chambers, do not believe it. (Matt. 24:24-26 NWT)

considering what was said regarding 1914, 1925, 1975 and the generation that will not pass away what should I conclude?

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Julia said, " The WTS seems to be in damage control mode ..."

I believe that this is the case. As painful as it is to look at JW.ORG, you are given a glimpse inside the needs of the "brotherhood." The WT will let you know what issues are affecting the ORG, so will the KM, you just have to see it. So, right now we have 1) obedience, even if it defies all logical thought, 2) Donations [ AGAIN!] 3) The subject of False Prophets. Just by paying attention to what is often repeated, we see the " Local Needs."

Ok, back to business. I am just going through alll the stuff I have saved over the last 2 years. Dig through your files people, the WTBTS's arms are getting heavy and they are nearing the ropes! It's time to rope-a-dope!!

***1981 trchap.11pp.94-95par.3 The Last Days of This Wicked System of Things***

3 ) Jesus had just referred to persons who would "see all these things." "These things" are the events that have taken place since 1914 and those yet to occur down to the end of this wicked system. (Matthew 24:33) Persons born even as much as fifty years ago could not see "all these things." They came on the scene after the foretold events were already under way. But there are people still living who were alive in 1914 and saw what was happening then and who were old enough that they still remember those events. This generation is getting up in years now. A great number of them have already passed away in death. Yet Jesus very pointedly said: "This generation will by no means pass away until all these things occur."Some of them will still be alive to see the end of this wicked system. This means that only a short time is left before the end comes! (Psalm 90:10 [89:10, Dy]) So now is the time to take urgent action if you do not want to be swept away with this wicked system

Remember this is the Generation who was alive to see the events of 1914! Quoting Jesus as the authority, the WTBTS predicts as God's mouthpiece that those persons, " will by no means pass away!" Enter the overlappers....

Here is a link to a ton of info from TMS!

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/244539/1/Cut-and-Paste-of-The-List-by-Prominent-Bethelite-of-Previous-Watchtower-Predicted-Dates

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Thanks Splash, that's what I'm talking about!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit