Upcoming KM!! Why we are not False Prophets!

by DATA-DOG 100 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DATA-DOG
  • OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I would think that a loaded statement such as "Why we are not False Prophets!" would typically lead to opinions/statements on why they are not "false."

NO! WTS waists a bunch of words trying to prove that they are not prophets.

So they are just "false." Good enough for me.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

when i was baptised we believed that the generation that could understand the events of 1914 would not pass away we also had 1975 i remember my parents having long discussions with my Catholic relatives and with people they met in the preaching work regarding these topics

as a small child i was bored silly with my father discussing it on cold winter mornings in the field service he all ways managed to take the full hour at least and i was wearing short trousers

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

When 1975 came and went I think it was the generation teaching that kept them going. i remember my father ranting about some change to a scripture about rachel weeping over her children and the resurrection hope and the change regarding the questions to the baptism. it was all greek to me.

which brings me to Vines and 'prophet' where it says it mine. 'A proclaimer of a divine message'(page493) so my fathers witnessing and long discussions about the days we live in while i froze my arse off maybe falls into this, i think. i think he was supporting the anointed in the preaching work about the good news of God's Kingdom established in 1914 along with a warning message.

and it also brings me to this

' From the sixteenth century onward English Bible translations have spoken of it as the eternal purpose of God,* But more recently a munber of Bible translators interpret the Greek phrase as "a plan of the ages." Thus God is said to have a "plan" in connection with the Messiah.' (God's "Eternal Purpose" Now Triumphing For Man's Good. Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society Of Pennsylvania 1974 pg8)

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

on page 9 of the book i quoted from it tells us that in September 1881 Zion's Watch Tower carried an article entitled "The Plan of the Ages" with a chart and in 1886 CT Russel had a book "The Divine Plan of the Ages"

This was around the time my grandfather was born who later fought in the trenches in France in World War I.

I was baptised in about 1972 and studied this book after his death in 1974.'God's "Eternal Purpose" Now Triumphing For Man's Good'

without finding the quotes cause i can't be bothered i'm pretty sure that the idea was that 6000 years ended in 1874 which i believe they claimed Christ returned and later found that the figures were wrong and it was moved to 1974/5

i think it explains it in "God's Kingdom of a Thousand Years Has Approached" (Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania 1973) page 209 and there is a Watchtower somewhere.

So there is this connection all the way from before my grandfathers birth to my baptism about the divine plan and the 6000 years

Trouble is one fine summer's evening a couple of elders call on me with an accusation of apostasy and we have a discussion.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

This crap they shovel makes me want to punch a hole in the wall. So infuriating.

• DS211
    DS211

Marked

• JWCart
    JWCart
    Did they have another book that said the "The end of the preaching work would happen before the 20th Century ended!" they also revised too? Was it the old blue book or another book on top of the Magazines?
  • jhine
    jhine

JW Cart , I do not know about a book but I printed off some pages from a thread asking if anyone had the Awake Jan 1st 1989 - 20th Century quote . It appears that it was actually the Watchtower that they meant .

"He was laying a foundation for a work that would be completed in our 20th century "

Don't know if that is of any help .

BY the way , it is marvellous how you stand outside come rain or shine doing your work . I hope that you get oiled regularly .

Jan

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny

Did they have another book that said the "The end of the preaching work would happen before the 20th Century ended!" they also revised too? Was it the old blue book or another book on top of the Magazines?

"Shortly, within our twentieth century, the "battle in the day of Jehovah" will begin
    against the modern antitype of Jerusalem, Christendom." (Know Jehovah, 1971, p. 216)

"But then it also speaks of a group of people preaching about the righteous kingdom of God, a war of God against all wickedness, followed by a paradise earth without death - all to be realized in the twentieth century." (Awake! February 22, 1961, p. 5, article The 20th Century In Bible Prophecy);

"That now-operating kingdom in heaven will, within the twentieth century, cleanse the entire earth of wickedness." (Awake! February 22, 1961, p. 7);

"What day was Jesus speaking of? The beginning of World War III? No, Zephaniah 2:3 identifies it as "the day of Jehovah's anger." Revelation 16:16 calls it the "war of the great day of God the Almighty," Armageddon. This war will come in the twentieth century. It will come right on schedule, as have the wars, food shortages, earthquakes and other events' fore told. This generation will see its fulfillment." (Awake! February 22, 1961, p. 8);

"Shortly, within our twentieth century, the “battle in the day of Jehovah” will begin against the modern antitype of Jerusalem, Christendom. (...) Jehovah‟s “sword” of warfare will cut off from this position that Christendom‟s clergy claim for her all religionists who depend upon her having an acceptable standing with God. However, Jehovah‟s “sword” will not be applied merely to those adhering to Christendom. It will also be brandished against “all flesh from south [Christendom] to north.” Religionists belonging to all the rest of the world empire of false religion will feel the cutting edge of Jehovah‟s “sword.” Their being non-Christians will not cause them to be spared." (“The Nations Shall Know That I Am Jehovah‖ - How? 1971, pp. 216-217).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit