More fear and paranoia WT-style! (11/15/13 WT)

by LostGeneration 68 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• rebel8
    rebel8

“the Assyrian”

That sounds like a villian from Batman. So dramatic!

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

It strikes me that their publication of obvious paranoid propaganda like this is probably written to make governments suspicious of their activities. This may be their attempt at a self-fulfilling prophecy.

• clarity
    clarity

Rebel ........that's funny.

>

This whole set-up is so exasperating & frustrating because of the

the steady programming.... day after week after month after years

of having propaganda inserted into jw minds ........ those sly leaders

prepared the followers to have all the answers .......THEIR ANSWERS!

>

No matter if we show them from their own literature .....they are not able

to hear it! Not able to think clearly.

They speak only the thoughts of the programming!

>

Makes me want to tear my hair out!!!!!!!!!!!

clarity

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

Very creepy.

It's the ultimate in mind control tactics. Get the zombies ready to obey orders that make no sense. It's the ultimate con game and it keeps getting better.

The stakes are too high though. People's lives continue to be ruined, stifled, and retarded. It's a shame that it is still happening....but one has to ask:

How much longer can such an insane group continue to exist and have serious followers?

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Who is the Assyrian supposed to be anyway?

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

DATA-DOG:

Who is the Assyrian supposed to be anyway?

The Watchtower, 15 November 2013, page 20:

In the near future, Jehovah’s apparently vulnerable people will come under attack from the modern-day “Assyrian,” whose intent will be to wipe them out. The Scriptures refer to that attack as well as the attack of ‘Gog of Magog,’ the attack of “the king of the north,” and the attack of “the kings of the earth.” (Ezek. 38:2, 10-13; Dan. 11:40, 44, 45; Rev. 17:14; 19:19) Do these represent separate attacks? Not necessarily. The Bible could be referring to the same attack under different names.

So basically, "the Assyrian" is any and all authority structures that challenge JWs.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

It's little wonder that this fear-mongering propaganda is to be studied early in 2014.

But although the end is 'so close', it didn't stop them putting in the 'give us money' article.

• pixel
    pixel

I think this is the main point they want to make clear:

(4) Now is the time for any who may be putting their trust in secular education, material things, or human institutions to adjust their thinking. The elders must stand ready to help any who may now be wavering in their faith.

So, if you go for a "secular education" does that mean ppl will receive a visit from the elders?? uhhm.

• KiddingMe
    KiddingMe

" At that time, the lifesaving direction that we receive from Jehovah’s organization may not appear practical from a human standpoint. All of us must be ready to obey any instructions we may receive, whether these appear sound from a strategic or human standpoint or not."

This may be a way to justify having to break human/government laws at the request of the organization...

or a way to prepare "us" for any type of solid negative media attention/court cases that may be coming out that they want to be disregarded. Such as demonstrated in the drama at the DC, there was a band on the preaching work. If something similar were to occur, with access now to the Internet so many witnesses would have the ability to gather more facts from "reputable" media sources as to what caused the band (or court case) and if there searches showed any validity to the claims they may draw doubts. Meanwhile, the elders need to stand guard and be ready straighten the thinking of any such ones.

• FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack

I had already decided a long time ago even while still in, that when some type of instruction was presented as mentioned in the OP, that I would be going as fast as possible in the other direction. For you fellow faders (who are family heads), it might give your family an out, if they can say they were only following your instructions as a family head, when you 'forced' them to ignore the instructions.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit