More fear and paranoia WT-style! (11/15/13 WT)

by LostGeneration 68 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• steve2
    steve2

If we look at the tactics Rutherford employed in the organization in the 1920s and in particular the 1930s, the extremism is most likely to be weirded-out stuff such as reading out "resolutions" at assemblies(now called conventions) in which secular governments and the churches of Christendom were roundly denounced and given warning of impending doom. Rutherford had a specially worded resolution read out at assemblies in the early 1930s in Germany that virtually goaded Hitler to dare to try to squash their preaching of the kingdom. Of course it inflamed their infamy in that country so while Rutherford sunned and dined well in the States, his "brethren" in Germany were being rounded up and hauled off to concentration camps.So I don't think the instructions will be to do anything dangerous but more to publically say religiously cranky things which may have indirect negative consequences for the rank and file - based on their crazy "warnings" of the past.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

They are crackpots; probably just frustrated at how many are disobeying them by going to university/having children/holding hands during prayers.

• VM44
    VM44

This is an important point so I am going to post it again.

"At that time, the lifesaving direction that we receive from Jehovah’s organization may not appear practical from a human standpoint."

The Watchtower is saying that the instructions they give WILL BE FROM JEHOVAH.

This means that some time in the future The Watchtower words will be inspired words!

• VM44
    VM44

"I am a Governing Body member, and some day in the future I will be speaking inspired words from Jehovah!"

"I love this idea!"

• Splash
    Splash

I can't wait until these announcements are made. How exciting!

Splash

• steve2
    steve2

VM44 - not wishing to burst your bubble of discovery, but you'd have a hell of a job surpassing Rutherford's "inspired" crack-pottery and unhinged religious madness. That disgusting man's hubris makes anything the current GB intones fairly limp by contrast. Again, their preparatory warnings may sound startlingly "new" but those warnings really are desperately weak compared to Rutherford's wild-eyed ramblings that had the rank and file all fired up and "smelling" the veritable nearness of the end.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

{{{ At that time, the lifesaving direction that we receive from Jehovah’s organization may not appear practical from a human standpoint. All of us must be ready to obey any instructions we may receive, whether these appear sound from a strategic or human standpoint or not.}}}

In other words if what we say sounds bat shit crazy, and delusional our Corporation Sock Puppet Jehovah still wants you to obey the Governing Body.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

VM44:

This is an important point so I am going to post it again."At that time, the lifesaving direction that we receive from Jehovah’s organization may not appear practical from a human standpoint."
    The Watchtower is saying that the instructions they give WILL BE FROM JEHOVAH. This means that some time in the future The Watchtower words will be inspired words!

No, it doesn't mean that at all. They always say JWs receive "direction" from "Jehovah's organization". The fact that they know they might say things that are stupid (or not "practical from a human standpoint") doesn't actually mean they're claiming any shift in their source of information.

They have never provided any practical distinction between "spirit directed" ('magic') and "inspired" ('slightly different magic') anyway, both of which are largely undefined.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Do they have anything planned? Nope. All it is FUD.

It's just about keeping the majority thinking something big is about to happen.

I'd love to say you can't keep people under such a spell for that long but the WTS has a pretty good track record.

• Scully
    Scully

At that time, the lifesaving direction that we receive from Jehovah’s organization may not appear practical from a human standpoint. All of us must be ready to obey any instructions we may receive, whether these appear sound from a strategic or human standpoint or not.

I've been concerned about this kind of rhetoric for years.

JWs have already been trained to treat us "as dead" for a long time. Mentally and emotionally, they can do it.

The next step is to put weapons in their hands and get them to do it for real.

And they call us "mentally diseased"...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit