More fear and paranoia WT-style! (11/15/13 WT)

by LostGeneration 68 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Pterist
    Pterist

“You are a slow learner, Winston."
    "How can I help it? How can I help but see what is in front of my eyes? Two and two are four."
    "Sometimes, Winston. Sometimes they are five. Sometimes they are three. Sometimes they are all of them at once. You must try harder. It is not easy to become sane.”
    ? George Orwell, 1984

• VM44
    VM44

Thank you Jeffro, Scully and Pterist for your comments.

Now it is clear that the JWs must keep TWO contradictory thoughts in their minds at all times.

1) The Watchtower provides direction and information from Jehovah. It is spirit directed.

2) The Watchtower is NOT inspired by Jehovah. They never say "These are the words of Jehovah."

It is indeed very Orwellian the World of the Jehovah's Witnesses.

• carla
    carla

marking, this just creeps me out

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

WM44:

Now it is clear that the JWs must keep TWO contradictory thoughts in their minds at all times.
    1) The Watchtower provides direction and information from Jehovah. It is spirit directed.
    2) The Watchtower is NOT inspired by Jehovah. They never say "These are the words of Jehovah."

Well... yeah... it is a very strange (and entirely meaningless) distinction. The only reason for it is that it's their 'out' for being wrong. It's not a new distinction though.

• designs
    designs

Sell off all the Holdings and send the Money to The Farm what could possibly go wrong

• grumblecakes
    grumblecakes

theyve been saying $hit like this since they started the study edition. itsa big part of what woke me up.

• fresh prince of ohio
    fresh prince of ohio

Apparently....

...the event that constitutes the prophesied 'attack of the assyrian' is...whatever the GB says it is.

And JWs response to this is to be...? Unquestioning obedience to whatever the GB tells them to do. If the instructions seem too weird, too WTF?, well then, you're just thinking like an imperfect human. You don't want to make that mistake do you?

So, in many ways, the same old shit as always, but somehow extra kool-aidy. A LOT extra kool-aidy. These guys are up to something. Methinks that at the highest levels of the WTS, folks know EXACTLY what the 'attack of the assyrian' is, and what the unsound-from-a-human-standpoint instructions will be.

Bizarre!

• 5go
    5go

At some point soon the org is going to have to get the great tribulation ball rolling so I get the feeling they will trying something to get the public to turn on them and start persecuting them in some way that will get the average JW to fall in line.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

5go:

At some point soon the org is going to have to get the great tribulation ball rolling so I get the feeling they will trying something to get the public to turn on them and start persecuting them in some way that will get the average JW to fall in line.

Maybe they could raise the concerns of 'worldly' governments by printing suspect statements in The Watchtower where they tell JWs to obey their instructions no matter how strange they sound.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Sir82 mentioned on page one that this isn't the first time they have talked like this, here are a few additional quotes printed recently.

WT 2012 4/15

16 As events unfold during the great tribulation, Christians will need to heed instructions from God’s Word and organization . For example, Jesus’ command to “begin fleeing to the mountains” has a modern-day application. Just what form our flight will take remains to be seen.* However, we can be sure that Jehovah will make clear the meaning of those instructions when the time comes for us to follow them. Since our deliverance will depend on obedience, we do well to ask ourselves: ‘How do I respond to instructions that Jehovah provides for his people now? Am I quick to respond, or do I hesitate to obey?’—Jas. 3:17.

WT 07 12/15

15 What else can we learn from Israel’s Exodus from Egypt? That we must obey Jehovah no matter what he asks us to do. The Israelites were obedient in carrying out the detailed preparations for the Passover. They obediently stayed indoors during the night of Nisan 14. When they finally left Egypt, they had to go “in battle formation.” (Exodus 13:18) Today, it is so important that we follow the guidance that comes to us through “the faithful and discreet slave”! (Matthew 24:45) We have to listen very carefully to God’s word behind us, saying: “‘This is the way. Walk in it, you people,’ in case you people should go to the right or in case you should go to the left.” (Isaiah 30:21) As we get nearer to the outbreak of the great tribulation, we may well receive some detailed instructions . Our safe journey through those troublesome days will depend on our keeping in step with other loyal servants of Jehovah.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit