NINE REVERSALS IN JULY 15TH WATCHTOWER

by The Searcher 60 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Ding
    Ding
    will they begin lighter sentences for disfellowshipped and those who question

They are so paranoid about apostasy right now, I expect even more witch hunts and disfellowshipping.

I wouldn't be surprised to see inactive JWs threatened with disfellowshipping.

• bats in the belfry
    bats in the belfry

Quendi >>

I agree with those who say these changes, ahem, “adjustments” will go right over the heads of the rank-and-file. They don’t want to think or take responsibility for themselves or their lives.

Then it's time to remind them:

Romans 1:28 − And just as they did not approve of holding God in accurate knowledge,

God gave them up to a disapproved mental state, to do the things not fitting,

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley
    will they begin lighter sentences for disfellowshipped and those who question

In my estimation this is probably the single most powerful tool the WT has to keep people in the Org., right after 'this is the only place you can be to get salvation at Armageddon'. Fear of losing family and friends by shunning keeps many JWs enslaved to the Org.

I'm with Ding on this- if nothing else I think WT will become more tyrannical in its DF policy.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

I am seriously thinking about reading this nonsense and "understanding" it, then going to my first couple of meetings in what will then be a year.

It just seems entertaining.

• mind blown
    mind blown

I dunno.. I truly believe they're losing their grip....in the "21st" century..therefore the many talks etc.....

From what I've heard the past few years, many JW's inworldly don't have that fear they used to and are living double lives.

For some reason I still think there may somekind of change one day.....even a slight change......but a change none the less....maybe they'll declare it as a more loving approach.....

• UBM101
    UBM101

Marking

• observador
    observador

I love par. 13.

"Who, then, are the domestics? Put simply, they are those who are fed."

"Later, the domestics came to include the great crowd of other sheep."

"What about the Governing Body members who today make up the faithful and discreet slave? Those brothers also need to be fed spiritually.

Hence, they humbly recognize that as individuals they are domestics just like all the rest...".

WOW! Everyone is "domestic". If that's the case, why going through so many hoops to say so? Those guys are lost, only explanation I have.

These articles may not be ground-shaking, but it was stuff like that that made me question the whole thing.

• LogCon
    LogCon

m

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Oh what a tangled web we weave
    When first we practice to deceive

• KiddingMe
    KiddingMe

Marked

Share this

Google+