NINE REVERSALS IN JULY 15TH WATCHTOWER

by The Searcher 60 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jhine
    jhine

ADCMS , am I reading this right ? In 2007 the WAtchtower stated that the first ressurection began in 1914-1935 and some ressurected ones were giving the org information .!!!! Was that so that the ressurected ones could be blamed when things went wrong ? I understand that this has now been changed , but I did not think that even the org come come up with something like that .

I had to read it 4 or 5 times to make sure that I was not mistaken .

• wasblind
    wasblind

It's bad enough when WT says some Bible texts are literal and others are figurative. It is incomprehensible when it says that elements within the same parable are literal and figurative.____ADCMS

Good point ADCMS

Goin' back and forth between literal and figurative in the scriptures can drive a person nuts

take the Cross for example

When it comes to persecution, jehovah's witnesses claim you should figuratively pick up your torture stake

which they claim is detestable to Jehovah and should be literally shunned

Which makes me question

Why would jesus disrespect his father by tellin' folks to pick up

somethin' that is supposed to be destestable to his Father ?

That's Jus' like tellin' your child

It's alright to act like a criminal in a figurative sense, jus don't literally rob a bank

Don't you jus' love the craziness of it all

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

@ ATLANTIS

Very grateful to you for the time you took & your expertise, to upload all the 'smoking guns'. (I don't know how to) When the dust settles after these articles have been "absorbed" by the congregations, I'm certain that there will be a considerable number worldwide (especially long-serving ones) who will be troubled by some of the things they have been told are no longer Bible truths.

And as is expected of such ones, they will keep their mouths shut about their non-acceptance/bewilderment!

• Pterist
    Pterist

I would love to sit through this study at a KH, just to watch any reaction record it on my iPad, .......would I have to shave my Goatee off ? lol

What date is the study ?

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

FTB: My wife has no idea what the overlapping generation thing is about and it is apparently not important to her.

Whatever happened to the importance of "accurate knowledge"?

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

jhine: first ressurection began in 1914-1935 and some ressurected ones were giving the org information .!!!! Was that so that the ressurected ones could be blamed when things went wrong ? I understand that this has now been changed , but I did not think that even the org come come up with something like that

This is nothing new. After CT Russell died the WT stated in the literature that he was still directing the content of the WT from heaven.

Was that so that the ressurected ones could be blamed when things went wrong ?

Possibly. The WT has blamed god for the errors it published, so it's not any worse to blame resurrected anointed ones either.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

"The First Resurrection" — Now Under Way

When does the first resurrection occur? There is strong evidence that it is now under way.

What, then, can we deduce from the fact that one of the 24 elders identifies the great crowd to John? It seems that resurrected ones of the 24-elders group may be involved in the communicating of divine truths today. Why is that important? Because the correct identity of the great crowd was revealed to God’s anointed servants on earth in 1935. If one of the 24 elders was used to convey that important truth, he would have had to be resurrected to heaven by 1935 at the latest. That would indicate that the first resurrection began sometime between 1914 and 1935.

W 1/1 2007, p.28, par. 9-11

• Quendi
    Quendi

When I was disfellowshipped back in 2005, I wept. How could I ever hope to find favor with God or men? How could I ever get back on the ‘narrow path to everlasting life’? It took me five years to sort things out and declare my independence from this execrable cult. Like some, I can’t abide to read WTS literature anymore and this thread has shown me why.

I agree with those who say these changes, ahem, “adjustments” will go right over the heads of the rank-and-file. They don’t want to think or take responsibility for themselves or their lives. They are perfectly content to let the Governing Body lead them to the yawning pit that lies directly in their path. I am grateful now that I’m out and free.

I have a few observations about this latest excrement from The Watchtower. Why would it take God and Christ nearly five years (from 1914 to 1919) to conduct an inspection and find their ‘faithful slave’? If this small group was “cleansed” during their so-called time of testing, why did it take nearly a decade more to stop observing “pagan” holidays and celebrations like birthdays, Easter and Christmas? Weren’t all of those things “God-dishonoring” and thus completely unacceptable? Why did the organization move from being a collection of autonomous congregations to one under the tight control of Rutherford and his Board of Directors in a process that took decades to complete? What about other doctrines the organization held onto that were also false like the resurrection of the “Ancient Worthies”? And let’s not forget the false hopes attached to the years 1925 and 1975.

I know that most Witnesses have no idea about the development of doctrine and dogma that has taken place down through the decades. But I am beginning to believe that even if they gain this knowledge, it will make no difference to the majority. They are victims of the Stockholm Syndrome and will stay with their abusive captors until the end.

Quendi

• The Searcher
  • mind blown
    mind blown

always in back of my mind.....will they begin lighter sentences for disfellowshipped and those who question.......they have lost so many followers due to this dogma.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit