After 2000 years since JC was executed ,why have we heard not a whisper from GOD ALMIGHTY ?

by smiddy 268 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cofty
    cofty
    but then there is this mysterious force in the world - Seraphim

This mysterious force looks and feels precisely the same as if there was no force. Odd that isn't it?

• Terry
    Terry

I wouldn't discount the idea that God is sulking.

I think I would be, too.

Everybody is always talking about you and speaking on your behalf and attributing every good AND bad thing to you.....

Yep, I'd go off in a corner of the universe and sulk.

• mindnumbed
    mindnumbed

Jesus was willing to give a doubting Thomas physical proof, why should it be any different for those who struggle with faith today?

Sure, in John 20:29 Jesus says "blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed", still, Thomas required physical proof and he wasn't cast away as faithless, he was given proof.

• tec
    tec

Proof of the resurrection. He never doubted Christ. He followed Christ, recognizing Him as the Messiah, hearing His voice... there is his faith. So Thomas got what he asked for in one aspect... but... Thomas also stood by Christ through his trials and ministry also.

Peace,

tammy

• Seraphim23
    Seraphim23

Coffty, that is because you have not felt it. Very recently an atheist sceptic friend of mine had such an experience, and let us just say he has revised some of his dogmatism.

I would say that a very similar and connected proof Thomas was given, is also available today. It’s called the Turin shroud. More scientific work needs to be done and the Catholic Church is notoriously slow at giving access to it but what is available is very compelling. It certainly convinces me.

• Gopher
    Gopher

The Turin Shroud is a fraud. I hope that isn't considered "dogmatism". Radiocarbon dating places its origin in Medieval times.

The original poster gives a reasonable explanation of why so many are skeptical of a deity such as mankind has described in its various "holy" books. According to certain Christians, he blesses people in wealthier countries by helping them win in athletic contests. But the same deity lets the prayers of innocent suffering ones go unanswered for decade after decade, century after century.

• jw07
    jw07

I havn't heard one peep out of Jehovah. I've tried praying (talking to myself) texting him, calling, Whatsapp and BBM-ing him, wrote on his Facebook wall, emailed him, and still nothing. I' think I'll do the same for Zeus, Odin, Ra, Osiris, Isis, Budda, Muhammad, and the Flying Spaghetti Monster to see if I get a response.

• AMO
    AMO

Sorry, heard from who, ??????.

• Comatose
    Comatose

Imagine that! Just as people got more intelligent and enlightened god suddenly stopped doing miracles and such...

• cofty
    cofty
    Coffty, that is because you have not felt it.

It's Cofty.

I was a born-again, evangelical, bible-believing, adopted, forgiven, saved, santified, heaven-bound, son of god, christian for almost a decade. I know all about the feelings and experience of belief.

The Turin shroud is a fake.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit