2 she-bears kill 42 children

by confusedandalone 64 Replies latest jw friends

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

This scripture about the she bear would make part of a good don't feed the bears sign. First quote the verse and below it say: So Don't Feed the Bears If You Know What's Good For You, and No Making Fun Of Old Bald Men Either.

• Emery
    Emery

Wouldn't it have been more loving if God had caused Elisha to instantly grow hair to shut these 42 children up rather than having all of them brutally mutilated by 2 she-bears? How does an all loving all knowing God permanently and traumatically affect the lives of hundreds of families over petty child hood name-calling? Way to take the higher road Yahweh, you sound like a god worth worshipping!

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

Confusedandalone, your questions have me cracking up!

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

@nomad - I sat here reading the passage again and I thought to myself that something extra had to happen for none of these 42 kids to escape... literally sit back and count to fouty two as fast as you can. You can obviously count to fourty two faster than a bear can rip apart 42 kids. So in that span of time not one of these kids ran in the opposite direction???

@Emery - indeed, it seems like alot less trouble to restore a few hundred hair folicles than it is to go and tell a bear to frig up a bunch of playful children. I also wonder how Elijah felt after he did this... did he feel like a big man

• Comatose
    Comatose

Wt says this happened to teach parents a lesson, since kids learned disrespect from them. Uhhhhh... Just punish the right people god. Stop playing games.

• TOTH
    TOTH

They had that COMIN'!! LOL JK

I heard they were men under the age of forty years. But still sounds either harsh or exaggerrated...

• rmt1
    rmt1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHa53MWg6kg

Mane Hair Thickening Spray - Before & After

For God's ways are higher than man's ways.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Good questions. I was always so shocked by the story, I never realised how unbelieveable it is.

• Badfish
    Badfish

I was about to make a new topic about that if God hates violence then why did he make the animal kingdom so brutal and violent? But this topic pretty much sums it up.

• iCeltic
    iCeltic

It's things like this that make me think surely the bible cannot be an inspired book from a loving god. It's not a case of having a good argument against the bible being true, it's more a case of things like this can't be ignored.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit