2 she-bears kill 42 children

by confusedandalone 64 Replies latest jw friends

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

We all remember this passage vividly: From there Elisha went up to Bethel. While he was on his way, some small boys came out of the city and jeered at him. "Go up baldhead," they shouted, "go up baldhead!" The prophet turned and saw them, and he cursed them in the name of the Lord. Then two shebears came out of the woods and tore forty two of the children to pieces.

My questions are:

1. Did all forty two kids line up and let the bear smack them to death on purpose?

2. Did God inflict their legs so they could not run

3. These bears, did they have v8 engines or something that allowed them to move so quickly??

• jambon1
    jambon1

One of the most bizarre & ****ed up passages in the bible in my opinion.

Is it a fact that the JW's believe that this was 'god's punishment'?

• wasblind
    wasblind

They moved quickly

• blondie
    blondie

Bears can run at speeds up to 30 miles per hour...

But at least these 42 get a resurrection; not so minor children who died in the flood, Sodom and Gomorrah, and Armageddon. so the WTS says.

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

@wasblind - ROFL

Although bears may run at 30 MPH I would suppose that the average child can run 5 to 10 maybe 11 when they are being chased by a bear. The thing is why did they all run the same direction? Were they a mob of kids that thought they could take the bear and ran at the bear?

One insult (go up you baldhead) and they deserve to die???

Also, I remember learning(I could be wrong because I never really listened) that anyone killed at the hand of Jehovah was condemned forever. I think GOD telling the bear to go kill children would still qualify as God killing them.

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

Who ever wrote that scripture was sure to be balding and had recently been made fun of for god induced male pattern baldness.

NJY

• cantleave
    cantleave

Kids who call men "baldhead" deserve to die!!!

• Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers

One of the most horrifying accounts I can recall from my childhood, listening to a CO as he spoke to the young people about this account and our need to respect the "arrangement." The main point I remember from his talk, and mind you this was close to 40 years ago, was that these 42 rebellious, obnoxious, and disrespectful children were the kids of the elite "sons of the Prophets" mentioned in 2 Kings. He went on to drive home the point to the elders in the congregation that they needed to really keep a tight rein on their kids lest they become like these 42 and Jehovah decides to destroy them in the same brutal manner cause "they should know better than others in the hall!"

What a childhood! From the Paradise Book with people falling in caverns that God's wrath creates and Nimrod looking all freakey evil on his throne to talks like that....you gotta love it!

SOP

• Watchtower-Free
    Watchtower-Free

mU7A/s1600/BB5M.jpg

It isn't really just my "mentally diseased" mind . The hebrew scriptures are messed up .

• Comatose
    Comatose

This was one of the things that woke me up! It is unloving and stupid to think god would do that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit