My Judicial committee

by label licker 56 Replies latest jw friends

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

DOC: If it was so obvious then, why isn't it that way now?

Because Jesus, "... evidently meant that the lives of the anointed who were on hand when the sign began to become evident in 1914 would overlap with the lives of other anointed ones who would see the start of the great tribulation." - Watchtower, April 15, 2010, p.10

I just love it when the WT uses the word "evidently" or words like it! Why? Because when ever they SAY that, they NEVER ACTUALLY PROVIDE ANY EVIDENCE!!!

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

LL, this experience of yours sounds exactly like what happened to friend of mine.

A special committee, courtesy of the CO; they found nothing.

A second special committee, with, guess what? New witnesses, and one that put it over the top, my friend would be removed. The witness was not required to face my friend; they would not tell my friend who he was. How is that for star chamber justice?

Later, one of the special committee elders would say that the CO told him before the investigation that 'it is time for a change'.

Hey, who is your CO? It isn't Jack Thomas, is it?

T his really sounds like his work; he can drum up false witnesses no problem.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

Forgot to add: the putz who lied about my friend (said he choked him) was made an elder within 6 months of the JC.

• allelsefails
    allelsefails

LL - Wow - As an elder for many years I can't imagine treating someone the way you both were treated. Disgusting. I have pretty much put myself in your type of situation so I could stay in contact with my family that is all "in".

For me - I had a jc for apostasy - no witnesses or accusers. Just the questions I had asked of the elders in that room. I told them almost everything I thought, but when they asked "the question" ("do you believe Jesus is using the governing body to direct his organization" I answered with a "sure" and then moved right along making my own very opposite points. Even though everything else I said in the meeting showed I had no respect for the GB and their authority my "sure" was enough for them. No difellowshipping - I was privately reproved.

That's right - I was found Guilty of Apostasy, but I was determined to be repentent (I never said sorry or admitted to being an apostate so that seems impossible.) AND not a danger to the congregation - so my reproof could be private. I tell people this any chance I get and everyone thinks it is the most ass backward thing they've ever heard. I was planning on being DF'd so I could appeal or let off the hook because there were no witnesses or evidence. No I was put in "Limbo". No commenting for me - so no more fun going to meetings, saying questionable things or quoting from WT's 30 years old. Oh well at least my kids still talk to me.

It would be nice to hear your committee, but I understand the ramifications of releasing it. Maybe your DF'd husband could steal it and post it? Then if ever asked about it you could say how sorry you are that it happened and you are not resposible and he can say you had nothing to do with it. Just a selfish thought since I want to hear it.

Thanks again for sharing your experience.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Elders said that their first prioriy worldwide is apostasy.

What? Has that replaced caring for the sheep? Or preaching the Good News? ....Something tells me that elder has an obsession!

You know? They must really not like you to go to those lengths.

Re Reproof. "Shepherd The Flock 2010 says chapt 7

"If the elders on the judicial committee determine

that the wrongdoer is genuinely repentant,

they should inform him of the decision, the judicial

restrictions, and whether the reproof will be announced."

Did you express repentence? If not, and If the facts were not clear to d/f ..then the correct decision is to do nothing and leave you be.

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

LL you handled yourself well and I'm glad you and your husband were both there. If your husband needs help posting the video please let me know. They have no power over you as you know. Hang in there!

• jam
    jam

Label: you handle it well, good for you.

Reading about your ordeal I was thinking, I would love

to be called in for a JC meeting. Every accusation made by

an accuser would be a lie. I saw you, no you didn't and you are

lying. But I heard you, no that is not what I said, you need to check

your hearing. So none of this is true? Not one single word.

Well we are going to DF you anyway.

Fine, when I leave this room please imagine there is

a mistletoe hanging from my belt in the rear and do what

worldy people do under the mistletoe.

I can't imagine me sitting in a room with a bunch of jerks drilling

me about my actions. But I have been out for years.

• label licker
    label licker

Thank you all! I'm starting to think maybe that's why they wouldn't disfellowship me. They knew I could appeal it. Not a bad strategy. Next move is mine. I'm going to take a breather and let my accusers forget what they had said. Only the ones that were at my jc are the only ones that are invited to come back for round two. In the mean time I am trying to edit out the two times I had to go to the washroom as well as when I got into the car I cursed a bad word and they don't need to hear that. That's really not me. I will wait to see what my rights are. Just waiting back from the lawyer.

I mean seriously, if all the other accusers were a no show and everyone of the twenty-five accusers were all like minded that I discouraged the pioneers then what does that tell you folks? The accusers that had shown up at my hearing either got thrown out or couldn't remember. It's no wonder the others wouldn't come for there was no evidence period!

I had a bad day today emotionally and I will recooperate. Hey, I've had to live in a van at the auto wreckers for almost a year after runninig away from home at fifteen because of my father. I had to survive. This was not that bad since I wasn't in a desperate state like I was back when I was fifteen. Not knowing anyone and hitchhiking into town until I found an empty van to live in. Got one meal a day from a greek restaurant owner. Came down with mono and thought I was dying. Whew! Nothing seems as bad as that anymore. It was just so sad to see these elders hide behind these young kids. It wasn't the kids fault but the elders knew how we loved them. We have no kids of our own and couldn't believe the situation they were in. I mean they were shaking and crying and were even asking the elders what do they want them to say to me. They even came over to me and gave me a hug in the parking lot. I know they felt bad.

The elders got their reward in full. I've decided that I will not be giving the co my letter and tape recording but it will be going to the service department at the bethel. But I need time. When we're done cutting out those two parts then I will go in person and give it to the overseer there. If anything they need to see what really happens and probably won't do anything but maybe give the co an aaa kicking. I'de love it if the co's are trained not to listen to any recordings and bethel finds out this one asked for mine.

One other sad thing that happened was the one funeral I had to go to was a study of mine. She took her life. The family wants to know what happened with her almost eight hundred thousand dollars that she had. All her money plus her building( about 300,000.00) apparently went to a JW who had told her she could no longer come to any congregation picnics as long as she was smoking. I deeply felt disturbed for this gal for she knew of a sister who was able to have her study there and she was smoking and another gal who was being studied with for over two years, had two kids and was living common-law and she was able to go to this lame congregation picnic. This gal was also an alchoholic and drug abuser and never knew her real family. She had a horrible horrible life. And the sister who had studied with her had also studied with me until I told her no more. We would go over to her place on weekends and they would get drunk. One thing you don't do is talk poorly of an elders wife by stateing the true facts. Oh well, she's in a better place than all of us. To think we have to live to die.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

You could threaten legal action against the Elders individually for defamation of character and the emotional pain that accompanies it. So every Elder on your JC gets sued. See how fast they pass the buck. The Elders will think twice about what they do if they think they will be sued as individuals. Momma ain't gonna spend money to defend them, and they would have to wash a lot of windows to pay for a lawyer.

• LogCon
    LogCon

In the mean time I am trying to edit out the two times I had to go to the washroom as well as when I got into the car I cursed a bad word and they
    don't need to hear that.

DON'T EDIT ANYTHING! It can be argued that the whole recording is invalid or stained by your willful alteration. Your indiscreet language, which is a natural reaction to the event, adds to the strength of the recording.

Also, times like these can be used to strengthen our characters. Excercise patience. Get them to say as much as possible. The less you say, the more they will say. Especially when recording, anything they say that is false, threatening, demeaning and outrageous is actually ammunition for you. When they speak your storehouse of ammunition is being added to, to use at some future date OF YOUR CHOOSING!

Control your emotions.

OBSERVE and ABSORB.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit