Role Reversal: Placing 1969 Awake with JW's Manning the New Portable Literature Displays

by snapdragon4 79 Replies latest jw friends

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Wow! Very well done!

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Nice work indeed!

I wonder what the impact might be if you had the actual article in hand as you showed them the quotes. I may have to look for that magazine on Ebay just to replicate what you just did.

Their greatest enemy continues to be the literature they have printed!

• Quandry
    Quandry

Wow-you did great! You helped a young person to do some critical thinking. I hope the information starts to lead her to some questions about all the "facts" she's been taught thus far.

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

Well done. You lived out a fantasy of mine. I have printed copies of these type of articles on the bookshelf in our entry hall at the ready.

I'd also like to print a stack of these and place them on all the windshields of the cars at the KH parking lot on meeting night or mail them anonymously to every JW I know.

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

Well played!

• Open mind
    Open mind

Just out of curiosity I tried looking up the article on WT Library.

For some strange reason, the Faithful & Discreet Slave has seen fit to only include Awake! magazine back to 1970.

Hmmmm.

I'm sure it's just a matter of megabytes. Couldn't be that they don't want rank-and-file JWs to read stuff like that.

Very well done!

om

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

Totally briliant!

They are so used to being in control and free to walk away when questions get awkward with a promise of returning that this is a way we can have a proper discussion with them. They can hardly tell you to "go away" that would be very rude.

• jhine
    jhine

exwhyzee , I like your idea . I have placed some bits at the entrances to our local KHs but probably they were removed by elders before anyone could see .

I am a never JW Christian and I feel frustrated that my fellow churchites do not understand the full teaching , theology , brainwashing , cultishness of the Watchtower . Most do not engage JWs in counterwitnessing on the doorstep and I think that a concerted effort in one area whereby a lot of JWs are asked the same awkward questions and given the same embarassing information at one time would be fantastic .

I have not seen these booths in my area of Blighty , in fact yesterday I saw JWs out doing house to house .

• cedars
    cedars

Wow snapdragon4 you are a legend! So proud of you! You handled that brilliantly. I'm sure you will have made an impression on that 14 year old. The whole thing was worth it for that alone.

Had this happened on my doorstep I imagine they would have run a mile. The beauty of this new initiative is that they are a captive audience and other people are watching.

Precisely. They can't tell you to bog off because you are in a public place, and if they are rude to you other members of the public will notice. They're like fish in a barrel.

Cedars

• snapdragon4
    snapdragon4

I didn't say it at the time to Emma because I thought I'd gone far enough, but having established that the claimed facts were actually simply opinions, the next logical step is to ask if it is OK for a Witness to disagree with the opinions expressed in the Watchtower, a tricky question for a thinking JW.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit