WT destroying old literature

by startingover 44 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• startingover
    startingover

I was approached by an elder about a year ago asking what I am going to do with my large collection of WT literature. He told me the society had put word out that they were collecting old literature. I asked him why but he couldn't give me a definite answer.

I read that someone who was recently at Bethel said that the literature they recieved was destroyed. It also seems there is a letter to the elder body concerning this. Does anyone have any info about this?

• westiebilly11
    westiebilly11

mm..interesting. ..could they be trying to hide their lies sorry..I meant mistaken prophecies and doctrines.......if so they may start buying it back off eBay sites etc.....

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I have long suspected that the seller kenyakelly on eBay works for the Society, selling old literature gathered fom congregations.

• JakeM2012
    JakeM2012

Interestign Slimboyfat,

So you are thinking that the Society is not trying to destroy this literature but rather they see the market value of the literature and want to cash in on a second time. Very Interesting, Good Point SBF.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

NO way man, this is a Ministry of Truth, 1984 act. Chuck it all in the memory hole.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Check out kenyakelly on eBay. They have been selling extremely rare stuff for years and years. Where do they get it all? They simply must have inside contacts.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/kenyakelly/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p3686

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

He is selling AND buying. Some of the stuff he is selling, he once bought from me and I in my turn a few years earlier had bought some of it from others. Some of us are collectors, find stuff in attics or flee markets, sell and buy. He is just one among many. No need to make him look suspicious.

• St George of England
    St George of England

When they started putting the 'history' articles at the back of the WT about a year or so ago, they asked for any old material at that time.

My guess is that JW's send in all manner of goods, the majority of which is neither interesting or rare, hence it gets dumped.

George

• label licker
    label licker

Ask him if they want your old paradise forever book. If he says yes then ask why for we saw with our own eyes the one day at bethel a couple of brothers standing in front of a huge pile of books on the ground ripping the hard covers off the books. The paper was going to a recycleing company.

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman
    Ask him if they want your old paradise forever book. If he says yes then ask why for we saw with our own eyes the one day at bethel a couple of brothers standing in front of a huge pile of books on the ground ripping the hard covers off the books. The paper was going to a recycleing company.

Pulp Fiction?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit