WT destroying old literature

by startingover 44 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Violia
    Violia

It is not " tin foil" stuff. They most certainly did seriously encourage and in some cases badger folks to get rid of old literature b/x as they said " the apostates are using it against us" . This was pre Internet but it can still be effective b/c as someone said, jws would distrust anything that did not originate in the wt library.

• Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds

Ok. Do you have any proof to back that up because everything I've read has said the opposite. JW's were encouraged to get older publications for their libraries. I was a witness in the 80's and never had anyone mention a thing about getting rid of old lit for personal libraries.

I'm downloading the WT Library CD so I can get some relevant articles.

• Violia
    Violia

how about I was there and they said that to my mom & me( who had a bunch of old books). I knew most of Boe and they said that too. They were just paranoid when the apostate thing really got going in the late 70s and 80s'. They did not know the net was on it's way and about to blow their cover. There are many things that were said and done that were not announced at the kH. I was in an area that had an apostate takeover of a KH so they were being paranoid but it is true. sorry i can't provide you with a pic or recording.

I can recall hearing someone say they did not encourage studying the old books as it would cause confusion. You can download all you want but jws have done some crazy a** stuff they'd never put in print . (1975)

• Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds

ok. so that's a few kooky elders doing that not the WTBS as we have been discussing in this thread. there's no mandate from the branch to destroy old lit in the KH library or personal libraries.

• Violia
    Violia

it was more than a few kooky elders and much of what the wts does/says/ is not in print. I know it is hard to believe that this is just a publishing company and they really did not have anyone best interest at heart ( except mother) but I finally came to grips with the this myself. We all got used and might as well have been sitting in a Baptist church or name any other religion.

• startingover
    startingover

SInce I started this thread, I just want to clarify. I was asked about old publications, as in Russell and Rutherford era.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Lol "tinfoil hat stuff"!!!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Since I started this thread, I just want to clarify. I was asked about old publications, as in Russell and Rutherford era.

Yes and any publication dating back to the 1960's.

There is a very long list of convoluted bullshit in books and magazines this religious publishing house doesn't

want the general public to see, particularly new JW members .

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I'm having a bit of bother at the moment, keeping old litteratrash out of a KH library and getting it in my hands where it will be much more useful.

From reports I have heard, the only litteratrash not available in your average Kiwi KH is only what they have never had the opportunity to collect.

• westiebilly11
    westiebilly11

I saw this coming...and in past year or so I have collected most books from 1950 to the late 1990's.....of course they want it removed and consigned to the old light/black lightbulbs box....after 30 years a witness I have seen so much dodgy doctrine ...feel sorry for the younger ones still in the org who have absolutely no idea of past doctrinal dodging...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit